Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fender is different....

Discussion in 'GFAQ: G-Body Frequently Asked Questions' started by Scstables, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Scstables

Scstables Member

Yep. Body style and type of Daytona does matter. The fender I picked up, has holes in it in different places in the front of the wheel than what mine does. So, back to looking for a fender, and I need to call that place I got it from and tell them again that I said I had a BASE style Daytona, and not a pacifica and NOT a Shelby. But no, do they listen? It is the same shape, it does not have the right holes in it. I don't know if it is worth drilling the extra holes in it or whatever. Sheesh!!!!

2. dana44

Ad-Free Member

Depending on how many different holes there are, really. It is one thing to have to add a couple hidden hole locations, it is another if you have to fill them. It could also be changes from year to year, whereas the outside skin shape is the same, but changes to the inside of the fender, Daytona, Shelby, Pacifica, Canada or US, it could be a simple half model year change.

Scstables likes this.
  3. Scstables

Scstables Member

Since I have the fender off now, I have a picture of what it looks like so we can get the right one.

4. Scstables

Scstables Member

Someone we know that used to paint cars found a fender at a junk yard that worked. He painted it with the gray primer so when we get it to the shop we can get all damage and the rust hole fixed on my 88 Daytona.