NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The full Dodge Challenger Demon thread

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Mallard

Mallard Member

This wasn't intended to be a debate about if Koenigsegg qualifies as a production car. Dunno said the Demon will have so much power that others will tuck their tails and run, and that if we had a Demon powered Viper Koenigsegg would have to watch out. This was strictly about HP numbers. Koenigsegg's 1360HP is a lofty number to shoot for.

Not that it matters much, but Koenigsegg's V8 started life as a Ford Racing crate motor. It's since been completely modified but retains many of the dimensions.

2. jam1

jam1 Member

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

Disclaimer: I have seen NONE of the embargoed information.

Guess: There’s more than one horsepower number.

4. Muther

Muther Active Member

Inquiry...

Are they going to make the Demon engine available for purchase without the rest of the Demon Challenger around it?

Disclaimer: I have not seen this talked about in this thread, but admittedly, in 133 pages of comments, I coulda missed it?

5. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

I hope so. Stick it in a '69 Roadrunner and create the ultimate deathtrap! :D

tf34mech and UN4GTBL like this.
  6. 73chargerse

73chargerse Member

Nah, make it real interesting and throw it in a 73ish Dart Demon.

dakota21 likes this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

No. There is no information about this powertrain going in any other vehicle.

MoparJoe and Muther like this.
  8. Muther

Muther Active Member

I shoulda been more clear. I knew that t was only going in the ChallDemon, I was wondering if they were going to sell just the engine

9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

No, it won't be offered as a crate as of the moment.

10. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

True, it depends on which one you pick, but the K's aren't known for their downforce, so massive cornering ability at speed is NOT their forte.....

11. MoparDanno

We haven't seen the Hellcats offered that way from the factory, yet, so I wouldn't hold out a ton of hope for the Demon.

12. Mallard

Mallard Member

Maybe not in the original Top Gear shoot, but the Agera RS makes 1000lbs, and the One:1 makes 1350 lbs at 160mph and 1800 lbs at 273 mph. It also has a lot of active aero under the car, and the rear wing is active too.

13. MoparDanno

VS the ACR's 1200 at 80 mph or whatever it is.

Anyway, the point I was making is that like it or not a Viper ACR mops the track with most hyper-cars, and adding even more amounts of ludicrous power to it, would just put it that much further ahead of the competition at the checkered stripe.

wilbur likes this.
  14. srm3500

srm3500 Member

How about this,

2576cc with 3.9 extra psi = Hellcat torque (650) +221 = 871ft-lb (Demon) and Hellcat HP (707) + 405 = 1112 (Demon)?:eek::D

then 757 as the lowest HP, next 815 and the race fuel only number of 1112 (I was hoping it would match the VIN number but it's still higher at 1121........).

15. Mopar392

Mopar392 Active Member

750hp +25 - 10