NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The full Dodge Challenger Demon thread

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Jan 12, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Hers is just a one of... the all come with the R/T Scat Pack and SRT392 hood on the 354 Supercharged Drag Pak.

2. redriderbob

Yes, some internal's were changed

3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

No, the Demon engine is not a legal engine. The 354 Supercharged Hemi is legal for NHRA racing.

Mike

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Correct, the legal supercharged engine is 354 ci. :)

Mike

5. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

You are correct sir. :)

6. redriderbob

Originally I thought she drove a N/A 426 HEMI that was also available on the 2015 Drag Pak. But it turned out to be the 354 car.

Mike V. likes this.
  7. redriderbob

In the factory stock XX (Super Stock) category. The 426 version can compete in the factory stock (stock) category.

8. srm3500

srm3500 Member

Good thing I said 1112 then.....;):p

Just IMO but with the Demon having that cool down part in the video and wide tires and this last video about launching it from zero I wouldn't be shocked if with the right person and perfect track conditions this car will do high 8's or even mid 8's again just IMO.

9. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

After seeing the pics of the Drag pak in demon guise I started looking and found some more cool info. Haven't got to dive right in yet but I have come to the conclusion that I need more free time and more hours in a day.

10. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

This car is going to go where alot of dedicated drag cars can't, but yet the internet comment sections are still ripe with can't beat mustang camaro, and so on.

Wish these people would take the time to research this car, cause even if you dislike mopar, the technology and effort put into this car is down right needed of an award.

And after you are blown away by all this, you have to remember you can drive it home.

Amazing and many cudos to all involved

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

12. Smitman

Smitman Member

She went 9.56 @ 148

13. mopar22

mopar22 Member

They could have technically used any engine as it was a charity race against papa

14. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

The PR department must be having so much fun and if you know you know

tf34mech likes this.
  15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Yes but that is naturally aspirated. The supercharged Hemi can run in factory stock also.

Mike