Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The full Dodge Challenger Demon thread

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Jan 12, 2017.

1. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Id be interested to hear any information that you have that might contradict mine. So far I think Ive been holding a pretty impressive average... .maybe not up to Oh2o's standard, but certainly not far off.

2. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in seeing the facts that you have that disprove what other known insiders are providing. Otherwise, you're blowing smoke out the donut hole.

3. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Quick draw Danno beats me again.:D

MoparDanno likes this.
  4. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Line lock is currently spec'd for Demon only.

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

@oh2o is dead on... you can still get line lock with the Z Autotech Tazer for your HELLCAT for $250. ;)

Bruce Wayne likes this.
  6. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

Agreed. I think that's what I said.

7. Illegal Machine

They're talking about the Hellcat WB. Not the Demon. The Hellcat WB will come with competition suspension and 305's on all four corners (NOT drag radials).

I think Mike was clear it's going to be quite a bit improved, but it's not a "track pack" for the Hellcat by any means like the 1LE is to the Camaro. Apples to oranges.

8. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or serious...

9. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

10. Illegal Machine

X2. Not sure if troll. Will stop feeding to be safe.

11. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Nice thing about Allpar, Trolls are dealt with swiftly and effectively. So no worries.

12. Detonator Yellow

Detonator Yellow Active Member

where's @Mike V. with the ban hammer?

Alonzo Del Real and Manic like this.
  13. dakrt99

If a car can't pull 1.0G, it's considered a straight line car in your opinion? There are quite a few cars that do not pull 1.0Gs that are significantly lighter than the Hellcat - SS (.97 - .98) and 5.0 Premium (.94). Subaru BRZ pulls .90Gs (MT Test) and I don't know anyone that would call that a straight line car. The C63 AMG Coupe pulls .98Gs (C&D Test). Now, 305s are quite a bit larger than 275s and throw in suspension tweaks and it very well could pull 1.0G. I think people have a need to find a character flaw in the Hellcat in order to minimize the impact the car has on their own perceptions of their favorite car. We have to find flaws in others to maintain our own high opinions of our favorite cars. If the WB Hellcat handles well and goes around the track much quicker, what then? People will find new flaws and the circus comes to town. That type of prejudice gets old.

14. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

VIR, Virginia International Raceway. Grand East Course. That is THE toughest track on the North American continent, bar none.

Which is faster, an Alfa 4C, a Ford Focus RS, Cadillac CTS-V, Camaro 1LE (2016, MkV1 spec), or a Porsche Cayman S?

No, it is not a track car (road course car), but it DOES beat a lot of cars, around one of the world's most demanding tracks, that it really should not be be able to beat.

Now, throw on a set of Pirellis (or the latest super gum balls), in 305, throw on an SRT "competition" suspension, to that 707+hp, and that 3'03.xxx" VIR-GE time, and I'd be willing to bet it'd smoke some fairly expepensive hardware.

#2754 Muther, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  15. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Present Hellcat, Future Demon Owner. MOPAR
    Level III Supporter

Let's get serious guys.....A hellcat is NOT a track car. But you can have a hell of a good time if you have a brain and adjust your foot for the ridiculous amount of torque on tap in relation to the (relatively) skinny tires.

That being said, adding wider tires...SIGNIFICANTLY wider tires @ 305 vs 275, a superior suspension to match???This thing will be FORMIDABLE. Note, the word FORMIDABLE. If you are skilled and understand how to use the abundant and wide power band this car has, you WILL be able to take on "superior" track cars.

You would need to understand when to brake and how soon to get on the power on exit. You will be able to stalk track cars and the new 305s are going to be night and day in terms of additional traction....once you compensate for this new traction and understand the cars new (higher) limits. You will be able to have alot of fun on track days.

Will it be advertised as a track car? That's absurd. But Dodge have realized, and more importantly tested these cars with wider tires and enjoyed the results. The platform is capable. They have now enhanced the suspension too and as a result platform itself is even better.

16. dakrt99

The whole PCM thing is confusing a bit. Without buying the Crate, which has an off road PCM in it, you will still be able to fill up with 100 octane? In turn, the actual HP number goes up and your quarter mile times go down? In summary, the PCM that the Demon comes with, installed from the factory, can support race gas, correct? What if you run MS109, like many of the owners have run? That is pretty bad-[I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] if you ask me, having a PCM that can handle both. What octanes are legal to run on the road? I have heard that certain octanes or race fuels cannot be legally run on the road.

17. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Present Hellcat, Future Demon Owner. MOPAR
    Level III Supporter

That are a hell of a lot more bad [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] features too in that little kit.

18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

New: 2018 Challenger SRT Demon / ADR Wide Body

6.2L Supercharged engine (modified)
    8-speed auto transmission w/paddle shifters (8HP90)
    Illuminated Air-Catcher Headlamps
    New: Drag race suspension
    New: Nitto 315/40R18 drag radial tires
    New: 18X11.0" Forged aluminum "hole-shot" wheels
    New: 3.09 axle ratio
    New: Limited Edition numbered dash plaque
    New: More than 200 pounds lighter than Hellcat
    New: Line Lock launch control
    New: Upgraded prop shaft
    New: Upgraded differential housing
    Mew: Upgraded 41-spline half shafts
    New: Launch Assist (to reduce wheel hop)
    New: four-point harness bar mounting points
    New: 35 percent lower rate front springs/28 percent lower rate rear springs
    New: 75 percent lower rate hollow front sway bar/44 percent lower rate rear sway bar
    New: Drag-tuned Bilstein Adaptive Damping Shocks
    New: Approximately 18 percent increase in converter torque multiplication
    New: Approximately 18 percent increase in rear axle torque multiplication
    New: more than 35 percent higher launch force vs Hellcat
    New: 45 square inch “Air Grabber” cold air intake
    New: Larger air box, sealed and ducted to hood scoop
    New: Available cloth or leather seats
    New: Electric power steering
    New: After shut-down "Chiller" cooling system

Demon Performance Pages:

New: Real-time graphic display of engine horsepower and torque with gear changes plotted
    New: Real-time display of the supercharger intercooler coolant temperature
    New: Driver-selectable line-lock, rpm-adjustable launch control and by-individual-gear-adjustable shift light in the instrument cluster
    New: Timers for reaction time; 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, eighth-mile and quarter-mile elapsed time and vehicle speed
    New: Display of instantaneous and peak lateral and longitudinal g-forces
    New: Gauge read-outs for engine oil pressure and temperature, coolant temperature, transmission fluid temperature, intake air temperature, air-fuel ratio, intercooler coolant temperature, boost pressure and battery voltage

Auto (Street) Mode options:
    • Multiple levels of engine performance
    • Three levels of suspension “feel and response”
    • Three levels of steering “feel and response”
    Drag Mode options:
    • Multiple levels of engine performance
    • One level of transmission shifting “speed and firmness”
    • One level of traction control
    • One level of suspension “feel and response”
    • One level of steering “feel and response”
    Custom Mode options:

Nearly every combination of options available in Auto (Street) or Drag can be configured in the Custom Drive Mode

UN4GTBL, MoparJoe and Bruce Wayne like this.
  19. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Agree completely.

No, it is not a track car, not by any stretch, but as said, a good driver can really get it to hustle.

Right now it is the Demon's turn to really shine. A lot is already known about the Demon, and I am sure a lot more is yet to be revealed (Bob just posted a lot just above).

Soon enough the Widebody Hellcat will get its turn on the red carpet. At that point a lot of what I have heard privately, and a lot of suspicions I have will be confirmed. (I was told to expect from the WBHC, "exactly what SRT has always delivered!" (almost a direct quote, so I am expecting a lot)

Bruce Wayne and GasAxe like this.
  20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I know. I own one! ;)

Bruce Wayne likes this.