Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The full Dodge Challenger Demon thread

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Jan 12, 2017.

1. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

how about just call it a beer bottle holder. lol

UN4GTBL, BobbiBigWheels and Doug D like this.
  2. Smitman

Level 2 Supporter

No problem raceway in Louisiana will be the site of the modern Street Hemi Shootout February 16 and 17th . During this event they will feature the Demon Challenge, with track prep by Mass Traction, The same guys that prepped the track for Dodge when they set the Demon record of 9.65 at 140. This should be the first event where Demon owners will have a chance to sort their cars out. It should be interesting to see how many can get into the nine’s . I have a friend driving 1800 miles from California on drag radial’s just to see if he can get his car into the nine’s. Good luck Ron!

Devildodge and MoparJoe like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Al Oppenheiser - Chief Engineering on Camaro said this about the Demon to Hagerty during an interview...

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts on the Demon?

I give the FCA guys a lot of credit, that Demon was a pretty big story last year. It challenged some rules like we like to do with Camaro. I thought they did a pretty good job with that whole Demon package, as far as what their promise was and delivering on it. Would we do a streetable package like that with drag radials and so on? We’re always looking at it. But do you want to follow or do you want to lead? Where does that market go? Do people want a Demon, vs. an SS that they can put drag parts on? We’re always studying. I’m glad for cars like that and what Ford’s announcing these days. It keeps the segment relevant; not everything has to be autonomous.

UN4GTBL, ScramFan and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  4. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Good answer, both respectful and shrewd. I think GM has more potential with the Camaro than they do with the Corvette.

UN4GTBL likes this.