Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Chrysler

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by Dave Z, Sep 13, 2017.

1. T_690

T_690 Active Member

2. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

You keep using the word "stump" over and over and over again. Yes, we get it he said it. Without the "stumps" FCA would be nowhere, get over the hyperbole

3. eggwhite93

eggwhite93 Impatiently waiting for new product.
    Level 2 Supporter

What is that a picture of? That is not the new Wrangler.

4. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

F-ormer
    C-hrysler
    A-utomobiles?

...just teasing.

5. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Once again, some on this forum have their own agendas, know it all, and ad nauseam, throw it out there. The haters are gonna hate

freshforged and ScramFan like this.
  6. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

YOU are just assuming I grew up with Jeeps.

I grew up with Dodges and Chryslers. Last time I checked those were Mopar brands.

#966 aldo90731, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    GasAxe, tlc and Cody's Car Conundrum like this.
  7. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

When you say " He ", I take it you mean Sergio " 50,000 Fiat 500's sold in N.A. per year " Marchionne ? Or is it some other " He " ?

8. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

I don’t know? Grand Cherokee? It’s whatever was on the page when I brought it up.

9. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Oh, I should not remind everyone that we have an ignorant CEO who not just criticizes the products, but the brands and the employees he asks to work in emergency mode for 9 years?

Yeah, I'm he bad guy for not getting over it.

Dragonkat and JavelinAMX like this.
  10. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Technically sure. Mopar is just the in house part supplier company.

As far as I can tell though, not many people care about that. Or "Mopar" has transcended the fact that it's a parts company and is the word people use to associate all of brands together. Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram (I'll leave Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Maserati up for debate) are all tied together into a brand thus which they all have a common connection with. That "common connection" is "Mopar." It's the perfect word because it doesn't take from any of the other FCA/Chrysler LLC/whatever properties and yet is still owned by FCA/Chrysler LLC, etc. Tying in all the brands into one widely accepted and understood term.

"Mopar" is to us what "GM" is to Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Cadillac and other associated brands in GM. Except "Mopar" is just a little bit more than a name for several companies (as cliche as that may sound). I don't want to call it a "way of life." But seeing as the "Chrysler Corporation" has undergone several names and people still refer to the brands in question as "Mopar," I would think the name means a bit more than the name changes the parent company has undergone over the years.

It's just not necessary to constantly reference that Sergio said Chrysler and Dodge are "stumps" in almost every conversation about him.

It would be like someone constantly condemning the special effects of a movie. It may be a relevant point, but hearing it all the time just gets boring and repetitive (like a broken record). It was wrong for Sergio to refer to Chrysler and Dodge as "stumps" yes. We really don't need the constant reminder of that misdeed either though.

Christopher likes this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

I’d recommend the ignore feature if “stump” bothers someone so much.

Erik Latranyi and JavelinAMX like this.
  12. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Double standards. If spare parts are Mopar for all, and they are, then all are Mopars. The one which was aquired by Chrysler and the one which aquired Chrysler.

And if you refer to GM. Well... You messed it. GM was overseas. Opel, Holden... But for them company is smaller and smaller with every day.

ScramFan likes this.
  13. JavelinAMX

Mopar was understood to be all Chrysler Corp brands from at least very early in the Muscle-Car era onward - but it was a standing reference.

Interesting that GM cars weren't known by Delco from back in the day. And they certainly aren't now.

But Mopar equaling Plymouth, Dodge or Chrysler had been firmly the case for quite some time.

GasAxe, somber, aldo90731 and 3 others like this.
  14. JavelinAMX

To be fair, the CEO of FCA has contributed quite a few statements throughout his tenure which have been what I'd call ' Edgy ' ; and has done so basically unapologetically.

He has quite a catalog of statements made in public. HE doesn't seem to mind communicating in that fashion.

15. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Edgy is probably the right word. I don't really know, that's one word in internet lingo that sort of alludes me, haha. He definitely doesn't seem afraid in hurting employee morale.

He has a ton of memorable lines for sure. Repeating one constantly gets stale after a while though. Like an old joke. There's a time and a place to reference what he said, just not too much is all I'm saying.

GasAxe, freshforged and aldo90731 like this.
  16. DrMark

DrMark Member

How exactly does one put Sergio Marchionne on ignore?

;)

17. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Hopefully NOT by avoiding owning his products.

18. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

Alfa and Maserati haven't changed much from what they were.
    Neither has been dictated to become a mainstream brand.
    Chrysler is the one they can't seem to figure out what it should be.
    When you keep changing the plan how long before you run out of plans and give up?

19. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

Yes, and stumps contain roots, which , if carefully nourished can still produce new trees.

tlc, ScramFan and aldo90731 like this.
  20. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

True.

If you don't nourish stumps (Lancia) then the roots die and you will never, ever be able to revive it.