Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lincoln MKX Is Now The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus And That Will Definitely Make It Relevant

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by redriderbob, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

About time Lincoln got their head out of the sand. Cadillac has beat the Germans in about every matrix and they still can't sell cars, only the old school Excalade is keeping them alive. If Lincoln goes back to names instead of MK whatever and American Luxury they will kick the Caddy butt. Chrysler NEVER was a real player in the Lux market, the closest Chrysler got was the Diplomat with a fake roof, and that was a fluke.

2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I agree... Chrysler could have been still the "blue collar luxury brand" but offered even more extreme luxury like the Lincoln back label.

Could you imagine a lineup of...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pacifica

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Aspen

upload_2017-12-18_13-21-3.png
    New Crossfire

[​IMG]
    Chrysler Midsize

To me three cars, a minivan and two CUVs/SUVs would be perfect.

wtxiceman, GasAxe and somber like this.
  3. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

An excellent lineup like that would eliminate 93% of all debate about Chrysler (gotta argue about a new Imperial or ME412, right?!).:)

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Considering the ME-412 was a $1 million dollar concept car and the two prototypes that were built were $400,000 each... I wouldn't be the car for Chrysler in a mass market nor like the lineup I posted before. A ME-412 like car would have been great for the lone SRT brand though. Problem is powertrains and what not, since it was a Mercedes Benz AMG powertrain.

As for the Imperial, I wouldn't approve it. With the sedan market on the decline like it is, why not just offer a LWB version of the 300 like Chrysler did from 2007 to 2010?

#24 redriderbob, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Correction, eliminate 91% of Chrysler arguments.;)

Dodge was primarily a people mover brand when the Viper hit, so anything can happen when the stars align. Maybe Imperial will be the name of a DT based Chrysler. Oh it will get some folks' drawers in a knot, but an impressively large vehicle needs an equally impressive Chrysler name.

6. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. now it's getting me thinking. @suzq044 and @DarkSky, what would you think a Chrysler SUV based on the DT with some Portal-style cues mixed with the '62 or 64' style split grill Imperial. A '74 style Imperial badge increased in size to about a basketball, per todays standards, would be a mark of excellence. Think you could throw a photoshop together? I can see the article headline now, "First views of 2021 Chrysler's Escalade slayer!".:)

#26 GasAxe, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  7. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Eventually. xD

GasAxe likes this.
  8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

First Imperials... I can see an SUV with that name!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

Lincoln has had so many facelifts in the past 10 years, it would made the late Joan Rivers jealous. :p

They do look good, but Ford closed down the wrong division...these current Lincoln's fit in more of the mold of what the Mercury division was, which Mercury was a more premium version of Ford. Lincoln isn't fooling anybody with these rebadged/gussied up Fords as a premium luxury brand.

GM got it right with Buick...GM figured the "entry level" luxury thing out. Ford is trying to have it both ways with Lincoln: pretending Lincoln is something it's not, which is a Mercury with a Lincoln badge, while claiming it is an equivalent to Cadillac, and other Euro/Japanese/and now Hyundai's premium luxury offerings.

FCA seems like they don't know what to do with the Chrysler division...make it an entry level luxury Buick competitor, or turn it into a mass market people moving brand. Currently Jeep is the mass market people moving brand in FCA...does FCA want to move Jeep upmarket to compete with Land Rover and let Chrysler take on the role that the Renegade, Compass, and cheaper Cherokee currently do?
    Or does FCA let Jeep stay an all encompassing brand like it currently is, and make Chrysler a Buick competitor and challenge GM in China?

10. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

Imperial would be a perfect name for a large, blinged out new RAM chassis based Chrysler SUV.

Imperial - large SUV
    Pacifica - Minivan
    Atlantic - CUV
    300 - large RWD sedan
    300: Town & Country - Wagon based raised AWD 300

That would be a good start for some semblance of a Chrysler lineup. Ha! :)

GasAxe and wtxiceman like this.
  11. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

I like imperial for the large suv name.

MPE426HEMI and valiant67 like this.
  12. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

I agree. I think it would be a fine name for an SUV.

13. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

Imperial is also the "theme" of what I feel Chrysler names should be. Chrysler Imperial has a very luxurious ring to it. As does the Chrysler Atlantic.

It's the same theme as the Lincoln Nautilus.

Donte Lindsey and wtxiceman like this.
  14. Donte Lindsey

Donte Lindsey Active Member

I disagree. They could offer premium service and quality that is expected by those buyers but, they choose not to invest in either.
    That 200C concept still looks good