Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Compass sales are taking off for us!!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by CDJSalesPro, Jul 17, 2017.

1. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    How are sales going in other areas? My dealership is doing very well with the New Compass. We already have 7 out for the month. I have even seen two out in the wild already.

[​IMG]
    This pic was taken last week while I was at my fish store picking up supplies for my aquarium.....

2. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

We got our first one in today. Black Sport with the appearance and technology packages. Anyone know if these things can be lifted?

3. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

One can do what can be done to a Jeep Renegade.

superduckie5000 likes this.
  4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I didn't realize the two were related.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  5. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I wasn't sure if there was enough in common that the Renegade lift kits would work on the Compass.

6. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Ad-Free Member

@CDJSalesPro - you guys hiring? There are less In-Stock new Compasses in BC than your dealership has sold so far. Legit. They're almost all "In-Transit" in BC.

TrueNorthTint likes this.
  7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

If not, then I'm sure the after market will take care of it soon enough. To the extent that's it's wise to lift vehicles with this type of suspension anyway...which isn't much.

suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  8. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

If you lift a Renegade or Compass, you are subtracting from the total suspension travel allowed.........less articulation.

Moparian and Zagnut27 like this.
  9. Bican

Bican Member

Just for fun the blood line goes FIAT Grande Punto > FIAT 500L > FIAT 500X/Jeep Renegade > Jeep Compass/FIAT Tipo
    Not mentioning the GM/Opel derivates ...
    Radovan

BASONE88 and suzq044 like this.
  10. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

Anything taller than the Trailhawk will not be kind to the cv joints. You could get Trailhawk suspension bits to put on a different trim level to get the Trailhawk lift.

11. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I'd want a Trailhawk plus a lift kit. Oh well.

12. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

I took my Cherokee in for a oil change and a tire rotation. When there I asked the manager if I could take the Compass home to show it to my wife. I got a blue Latitude that listed out at $28 K. It had the winter package, 4x4, big touch screen and the color computer read out between the speedometer and the tach. The powerplant was 2.4 with the ninespeed.

I live six miles from the dealer, with open country road driving, albeit it's very flat (corn country), so I was able to push it and see how it performed at different speeds. I wanted to compare it to my V6 and nine speed in my Cherokee. I saw that it was ok at the speeds up to 60mph, but when I punched it wasn't as responsive as the 6 (which I expected) 60-80+. However the transmission was very smooth.

The interior fit and finish was very good. I wasn't disappointed for this level of car. The touch screen was excellent, however no Nav. Also it was Android and Carplay ready. I assume it can be connected for an extra fee. Am I right? But the real geek in me was fascinated by the computer screen readout with the gas mileage and other information animated with color changing indication for economy. A red dial that changed to yellow to green as the economy improved.

As far as the ride was concerned, it wasn't too different from my Cherokee, smooth and comfortable.

The upshot is that I loved the car but I would wait for the turbo. But that's just me.

Mr. Fusion, tlc, GasAxe and 2 others like this.
  13. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

1.5 inch:

Jeep Renegade Lift Kit: 1.5" Lift Kit for Jeep Renegade (at http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-renegade-lift-kit.html )

Daystar™ - Driven by Design (at http://daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1478 )

2.0 inch:

2.0 Jeep Renegade Lift Kit (at http://americantrailproducts.com/20-Jeep-Renegade-Lift-Kit_p_76.html )

Use at your own risk, I’m personally not a fan of puck kits.

Mike

14. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Navigation can be added for an extra fee IIRC. If it is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ready then all you have to do is plug in your device. No extra cost other then the cost of a spare cable to keep in the car.

Mike

UN4GTBL and humdrum like this.
  15. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

That is very similar to my impressions of a new Compass as well.

According to the Compass brochure on Jeep.ca, CarPlay/Android Auto are included on the 7.0" and 8.4" radios, even if you do not get the GPS option.

16. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

Not to mention the potential damage to the CV joints because it alters the geometry. Norm, wherever you are (and Bob S too!), I paid attention!!! :):D

tomit and GasAxe like this.
  17. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

How's the initial quality of the new Compass been so far? Any significant grumblings from the service dept yet?

18. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Have not seen any on the road in my area yet. RAV4 and CRV have taken off like wildfire here. Dealer apparently has a few Compasses on the lot, but I haven't been by there in awhile. I hear a fair bit of Jeep hate talk lately however. I'm interested to see if the Compass will take off like Cherokee did.

19. serpens

serpens Active Member

Good to hear. Things should take off even more when the new engines get here.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. mentalicca

Level III Supporter

I noticed something I hadn't realized before upon seeing a compass driving on the road for the first time yesterday. The rear bumper is almost flush with the liftgate. How is the cargo room as compared to the Cherokee? Wondering how much of a difference that makes is all.