NewsNew Mopar distribution center • FCA’s high school design contest • Training rural service techs

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The NEW Ongoing Allpar Blunder Recovery System

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

It’s a contest! No, it’s a way to distribute car books! No, it’s a blunder recovery system!

The Allpar Blunder Contest is now an ongoing system, and it’s also open to people who have pointed out errors in the past. The rules are simple: point out a blunder, and if we agree, we send out a prize of your choice, from the pool. We reserve the right to restrict some or all items to the United States, but will check with the post office before saying “no.” For overseas members, we will provide forum upgrades/subscriptions if sending a physical prize is a “no go.”

This does NOT cover mistakes made in the forums, and any prizes are sent purely at Allpar’s discretion.

Current prizes:
    • Videotape: 1994 Ram Video Library
    • Filmstrip: double barreled carburetor facts (no record, just the film.)
    • Fiat 500X original press kit
    • Mopar brand spark plugs, as curios rather than OEM equipment, varying sizes
    • Collectible Automobile, June 2013, LaSalle II, Mustang, 1937-38 Pontiac, Chrysler Australia
    • Videotape: training, August 1995, Eagle Vision TSi AutoStick Preview
    • Videotape: 1995 Dodge/Dodge Truck Test-Drive (15 minutes)
    • Allpar decals (set of two)
    More prizes may be added. Reply here to participate!

Sent out:
    • Mopar P/N 104755049 wheel cap, for 300M and probably other cars
    • Consumers Guide Cars of the '60s, inside barely touched, cover in rough condition (hardcover)
    • Dodge Dynamite! - Peter Grist book on 50 years of muscle cars, fine shape
    • August 2012 Collectible Automobile, covering 1966-67 Belvedere, 1982-87 Grand National, 1937-38 Nash, and AMC/Ford’s Roy Lunn
    • Sealed in baggie! Jan/Feb 2015 Antique Automobile, featuring, um, it doesn’t say. Before mailing, the baggie will be opened and the mailing insert (which might also be the back cover) will probably be removed to take out personal information.
    • Collectible Automobile — hardcover! First issue, 1958 Impala, Avanti, 1941-84 Town & Country, BMW 507, and more

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  2. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Just noticed this this morning. On your 1994 to 2001, you include 2500 and 3500 which went on that body style to 2002, but on your second engine graph you went to specific model year engines, but you kept the first graph heading of 1994 numbers.

Been reading on the V10 cause it keeps getting compared to the 360 and the viper and they are 3 totally different engines, although similar.

Thanks, just notice that as I noticed the contest

3. Dave Z

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  4. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Yes. That is it. There is a graph stating the power and cubic inches etc. And the first one is titled 1994 numbers. In the second one it is more specific on the years showing up grades, but still shows 1994 numbers as the heading.

Thanks, will pm you.

5. Dave Z

OK. I'll fix the heading. I went to 2002 for the V10 specs since they were the same. Took me a while to find the press book.

6. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Thanks. I do alot of reading of info about these trucks, and Allpar.com always has the most consistent and well wrote information. My son wants to know if you have had a chance to update the Rammunition and Raminator page. He is getting excited to see them again and he keeps telling me they don't look lie that anymore. Just curious. Awesome job done by all here

7. Dave Z

I haven't gotten there yet... I'll have to write to them or call them. Thanks...!

8. cgeffken

cgeffken Member

The section; "1961 - 1977 Chrysler Newports: the big, "affordable" cars. At the end of the article, it states that the Newport moved to the R-body in 1978. Actually the C-body remained through 1978 and the New Yorker, Newport, and the newly named Dodge St. Regis were on the R-body beginning in 1979. Thanks.

9. Dave Z

Thanks. I could weasel and claim I meant calendar year (or Curtis did?) but I'll fix it instead ;)

Send me your pick and address via PM

Note: What do I do with your address, after I send out the prize? I delete it.

10. Scrounge

Scrounge Member

Linked here from the 3.9 page:

The 3.9 liter LA-series Dodge V6 engine (at http://www.allpar.com/mopar/39.html )

In the second paragraph, it states, "Launched in 1988..." IIRC, the 3.9 V6 was introduced for the 1987 model year, which would have made the launch year 1986.

Earlier in the paragraph, it states that the 3.9 was the Dakota's base engine. SFAIK, the base Dakota engine through at least the '96 model year was a 4-cylinder, displacing 2.2 liters when introduced, later upgraded to 2.5 liters.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  11. Scrounge

Scrounge Member

12. browens1534

browens1534 Active Member

13. Lee N. Burns

Lee N. Burns Member

Not to be picky, but on Feb. 3rd I posted in the Newport beta test....

Big Chrysler wagons were offered in '77, gone for '78. The R-body Newport began in '79.

You're going to hate this thread, aren't you?

14. Dave Z

Probably, but it's necessary.

Devildodge likes this.
  15. moparfan06

moparfan06 Member