Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The NEW Ongoing Allpar Blunder Recovery System

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

That makes more sense. Fixed. Thanks. Pick a prize.

Thanks. I made the sentence more general just to be sure. Pick a prize.

Scrounge, working on Dodge Bros now! Thanks, great points. Also, the note about the workers defecting to Ford and then coming back is new to me...

#261 Dave Z, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Yes

3. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

Early Charger page:

The early Dodge Charger muscle car, from 1964 to 1967 (at https://www.allpar.com/model/early-dodge-charger.html )

Jim Kittrell was quoted, "The Charger came standard with a sturdy 318 V-8, then still new and producing 230 hp (gross; about 170 net?) at 4,400 rpm." For the '66 model year, the Charger used the old Poly 318, dating from the '50s. Starting with the '67 model year, the base engine was the new LA 318.

I'm in Michigan, and my books are in Texas. That might have come from Ford: The Men and the Machine by Robert Lacey, but research will have to wait until I return.

I think so. You asked for comments, but I've no personal experience with it. Looks like you've got a page on the Quad Cab:

Dodge Ram SRT-10 review (at http://www.allpar.com/reviews/2006/ram-srt10.html )

Or was it what you were asking for comments on? If so, you might want to change "Headlights are on the dashboard", since the headlights are on the front quarters. Maybe, "Headlight controls are on the instrument panel". Where they belong, in my opinion. Also, two of the photos toward the end are narrowed.

Good changes to the John and Horace Dodge article, but fourdoor is still there.

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I only have the Ram 1500 Quad Cab reviewed, unfortunately.

I checked that article. I wonder what's going on. I'll look again. Got it! The hyphen showed up in Dreamweaver but not in the posted version. I typed the phrase again and now it works. Go figure...

5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Made more changes.

6. Scrounge

It's four-door now. Other changes make it read cleaner. You mentioned that the Dodge Brothers were the first auto company to have a test track. Might that qualify on your innovations page, or is that restricted to after Chrysler was formed?

7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Yes, I should add that!

8. Scrounge

Original Challenger article:

1970-1974 Dodge Challenger / Plymouth Barracuda memories (at https://www.allpar.com/model/challenger-memories.html )

In the very last sentence, "the oil embargo of ’72". This occurred toward the end of '73 as a result of US support of Israel during the Yom Kippur War. Technically, it wasn't an embargo; OPEC doubled the price of crude oil, then doubled it again. Nixon's infamous wage and price controls also controlled the retail price of gasoline, which meant that most stations would have sold at a loss had they stayed open, so they closed (or remained open, but shut off their pumps). After controls ended in early '74, the shortage ended, but gas prices were much higher.

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

You're right. I'll fix that.
    Nixon's wage and price controls have always struck me as ... incredible. As in, “How could this happen?”

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

A LOT of problems on that page. Better now.

11. pursuitdriver

pursuitdriver Member

The 1966 Dodge Polara purchased by the California Highway Patrol was not equipped with 440, or the 383 engine, but the 426 Street Wedge. Bob Phillips, and I begged our dear
    friend Jack McFarland to lobby The big wheels to get that engine, he was successful, we also wanted front disc brakes, and a double pulley for the alternator drive, it had
    many other parts that were not previously available for a patrol vehicle application, and it must also be noted that the 66 Polara equipped with these options were not available
    to any other police agencies, and a special brochure stating that fact was distributed by Dodge,( I still have a copy, as well as the parts list for that vehicle), So Jay Leno's
    1966 CHP Dodge Polara is not really a CHP vehicle if it in fact it is equipped with a 383 engine, and he should check the engine block near the distributor to see if 38, or 42
    is stamped on the plate. without checking it could be a honest mistake.

12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

What page is this from?

13. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

14. Scrounge

In the Mopar squads page, "(The “395” referred to the foot-pounds of torque.)". Usually, torque is pound-feet, as it is 2 paragraphs later describing the 413. Also, "Engines were the 225 slant six, 318 V8, 361 V8 (two barrel), 383 (two or four barrel — only Plymouth had the two barrel), 383, and 413." 383 is mentioned twice. The chart for 1971 models lists a Plymouth Belvedere. My understanding is that the Belvedere nameplate was dropped after the 1970 model year, which would have made the 1971 model a Satellite. In 1974, the net hp rating for the 440 was 275. What was it in 1972, when net replaced brake?

I mentioned this on another thread; you might want to add Slant 6 by the Riptones to the Mopar Jukebox:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ZJSwZAkqQ

15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I'll dig it out, thanks. We need to fix a lot there. I'll add that video too.

16. 2 Dodge garage

In the page:

2013-2016 Dodge Dart vs 1974-1976 Dodge Dart

your picture of the 2013-2016 Dodge Dart instrument cluster (second pic down) is actually that of a 2012-current minivan.
    Tom Gorr
    Batavia, IL

17. Scrounge

18. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

2 Dodge Garage, Really? I'll check that. It's my own Dart.

Scrounge, Um, yes, you're right with that sentence.

19. Nick Cass

Nick Cass Member

On the Dodge b-series van page, there is a paragraph that is historically incorrect:
    "The 1988 vans also gained a new dual airbag equipped instrument panel; a longer new front moved the engines forward, shrank the doghouse (interior engine bay), and improved front-to-rear access. The brakes were enlarged, the suspension was refined, the body was made stronger and stiffer, and assembly accuracy was increased. The front doors had better seals; a passenger airbag shutoff was added for cargo vans; the spare tire moved under the floor to increase usable cargo area; audio was upgraded, and adjustable seat belt turning loops were added."

These changes did not happen until the 1998 model year. There were no airbags in Dodge full-size vans until 1994 (driver) and dual bags not until 1998.

20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I'll look that up. You're probably right, looks like a typo.

Nick Cass likes this.