AF: The NEW Ongoing Allpar Blunder Recovery System | Page 27 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The NEW Ongoing Allpar Blunder Recovery System

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?
    Level 2 Supporter

1967 Mopars:

Plymouth, Chrysler, and Dodge cars of 1967: Belvedere, Fury, Barracuda, GTX, and Valiant (at https://www.allpar.com/history/plymouth/1967.html )

Toward the end of the introductory section:

"The base 170 slant six engine gained 14 hp, after sharing the 225’s hotter cam; and the Torqueflite automatic transmission gained a new 1/3-pedal kickdown, so it didn’t have to be floored for acceleration and felt much more energetic."

Not an error, but a redundancy, as this information was written 4 paragraphs prior, just above the pic of the 318 engine.

First paragraph under AMC: "it continued mainly unchanged for prior years." -- for should be from.

Also not an error, but an omission: in the Plymouth section, while discussing models in addition to the Fury with vertically stacked headlamps, no mention is made of the Cadillac, which retained that style feature through the 1968 models, with the exception of the Eldorado.

First sentence under Belvedere and GTX: "Not much change here except for three little letters...plus three letters: GTX 440." Shouldn't the second letters be numbers?

Under Valiant, discussing the Signet: "It did have optional bucket scats ' -- scats should be seats. Last sentence in the section: "likely a rare option for tile new "formal" compact." -- tile? Maybe the, or maybe something else that doesn't immediately come to mind.

Last sentence: "Gas tanks (except wagons) held 25 gallons - in today’s prices about $70 a tank!" On this particular day, it would be about half of that. When they were new, filling the tank would give you change from a $10 bill, even if you used premium. Maybe it would be better to estimate the range that a Newport with the base 383 2-bbl would go on a full tank. Full-sized Chrysler models of the early 1960's with the 361 2-bbl often won their class in the Mobil fuel-economy runs.

Otherwise, a well-written, informative article, and I also liked the pictures.

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Thanks, if/when I can get in to fix, I will.

3. Dfrost.

Dfrost. Member

Thanks Dave:
    Didn't know about this.

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

About what?

5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Thanks, fixed!

6. valiant67

valiant67 ...

7. 1999 White C5 Coupe

Level 2 Supporter

8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Fixed, thanks.

1999 White C5 Coupe likes this.
  9. 1999 White C5 Coupe

Level 2 Supporter

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Thanks (if I wrote it). Will add to the list.

11. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

That makes sense too.