AF: The Pacificas are here....... | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pacificas are here.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 23, 2016.

1. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

I didn't get a chance to drive it I was too busy selling cars and Jeeps today. I will try to drive it on Monday. The Pacifica we got was a pre-spec pretty base Touring edition. No real up grades except the 8.4 Uconnect. I wasn't impressed with this basic model. No roof rails or fog lights makes it look like a rental special. My other pet peeve is that is lacking the leather wrapped steering wheel....I mean really??? 32k and its not standard........ It is also missing the center arm rest. It did come with stow and go seats and back up camera and Bluetooth. Interior is definitely a nice step up from the last gen. I don't understand why they have decided to give up on the faux wood trim....All of the other vans still offer it and I know that my customers still expect it.....Time will tell if their pretty colored plastics will be enough.

In its basic form it really looks like a "minivan" actually it looks like a Honda minivan. Not sure if I agree with the name change yet. I did have a chance to get a couple quick pics in between selling cars today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

dakrt99, wvutuba, Zagnut27 and 3 others like this.
  2. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

What engine does it have?

3. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Yeah, without fogs, the do look "cheap" outside.

I was surprised how far up the model levels you have to go to get a leather steering wheel.

The new 3.6

4. hmk123

Level III Supporter

That's too bad. Those were the first things they fixed in 2010. Why are they now making the same mistakes again? Did SM move his office from the engineering floor to the bean counters? That would be too bad... :(

Robert Johnson likes this.
  5. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

The color of the instrument bezel is a bit of a head scratcher given the other colors. Very clean lines, however.

redhed likes this.
  6. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

People mover, not status symbol. The person that buys that isn't going to care about fogs or leather wheel, it wont sell for sticker either. (Use to sell cars)

jimboy and suzq044 like this.
  7. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

You know the wood trim was just pretty colored plastic, also?

If there is a big push back, they can add Pretty colored plastic with a faux wood pattern back... my guess is there trying to move as far from the T&C as possible and give a more sporting image.

jimboy likes this.
  8. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

It isn't just the fogs that are missing, but the whole under-bumper bright work and fluidity of shapes that Chrysler had been touting and which, admittedly, made Pacifica look so interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Chrysler's chance: people are going to be noticing the new Pacifica now when it first hits the streets.

But as usual, the details that count get lost in the final execution.

#8 aldo90731, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  9. Durango Boater

Durango Boater New Member

In my opinion, it's just a case of a lower trim level being the first vehicle to arrive at the dealership. I won't assume or judge anything about FCA's execution of the Pacifica just yet, and not based on these pictures. I do get the point about the importance of curb appeal though. But as a Durango Citadel owner, I know the exterior appearance differentiation is one of the ways they were anle to get me to buy that instead of an STX or Limited! :D

#9 Durango Boater, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    badgerbeerman likes this.
  10. badgerbeerman

badgerbeerman Well-Known Member

I agree. Its just a base model. Wait till the Limited,s start rolling in. The base Pacifica parked next to a base Grand Caravan makes the Caravan look 10 years old. I like the Pacifica.

dakrt99 likes this.
  11. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

It's a base model and that base model looks so much better than a base T&C. I guess it's a failure. :oops:

12. aldo90731

The minivan segment is hungry for some style. Chrysler whets everyone's appetite with a stunning Pacifica, but then it starts shipping this. It is disappointing at the very least.

FCA, and Chrysler in particular, cannot afford a repeat of the 200 with this vehicle.

13. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Appearance is subjective.

ehaase likes this.
  14. aldo90731

It is until five years go by and everyone can pinpoint in hindsight success or failure to styling.

15. Jason Parelli

Jason Parelli New Member

thats not entirely true

cindy crawford is universally beautiful for example. No one will tout her as being ugly

Clint Howard, Not so much.

when it comes to something like looks, subjectivity plays a very minor role in it these days. Im not sure you would find more than 1% of people who say Clint is good looking. The opposite is true with Cindy crawdord; you may find 1% or less who find her to (Not) be beautiful looking.

16. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

With a $10K price difference.

17. Jason Parelli

Jason Parelli New Member

and a residual and MF thats horrendously bad.

at least with actual luxury brands, the residual is great and it helps offset the MF charged!

18. hmk123

Level III Supporter

If it was a $22k Caravan that ends up selling at $18k I could agree about the missing trim pieces. But not at $32k. It shouldn't look cheap at that price IMHO.

FreeLantz, oruandy, Mopartial and 6 others like this.
  19. KyleCoffey

KyleCoffey Well-Known Member

Yeah let's compare professional, staged press photos to photos taken by a camera phone of a vehicle with the protective covering still on the tires.

20. Jason Parelli

Jason Parelli New Member

heres a professional photo taken by a high end camera

now tell me it doesnt look plain and cheap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]