AF: The Pacificas are here....... | Page 37 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pacificas are here.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 23, 2016.

1. desavona

desavona Active Member

I like your suggestion of hitting a trail, but that is unrealistic in my location. We have different views I think on what exactly the circumstances would be when shifting into and out of 4WD so as to not unduly stress the system. Anyway, I won't further derail this thread with non-Pacifica talk.

2. desavona

desavona Active Member

I want one for my wife and am in the market for a minivan now. I am going to try and wait a year to see if the 2018 has it but I don't think I can wait longer than a year. We did decide that the Pacifica was what we wanted so now it's down to trim and options decisions.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  3. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

I would suspect AWD would be available by the time the 2018 model rolls out. If not by then, I dunno what to say. What FCA is doing tomorrow, I have learned I can't predict, even when they announce stuff. Glad your considering Pacifica!

Ian and desavona like this.
  4. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Ok Canadian prairie driver here. AWD is just as useless in the winter as any other drivetrain. I went through ONE winter with my AWD Journey and it was far worse than the FWD Caravan I had. It was the first vehicle that ever motivated me to buy winter tires. I also drove a RWD Magnum around for the last 3 winters. With winter tires and the electronic traction control the RWD was every bit as capable as my AWD Journey.

Here's the deal: save yourself the money and gas mileage penalty of AWD and simply go buy a good set of winter tires and rims. You'll have far superior going and stopping traction and you'll save a lot of money. I'll never go out of my way to buy AWD again.

#724 Powdered Toast Man, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    peterjon1 likes this.
  5. MPE426HEMI

A prairie driver where it's all flat? Ok. I won't agree with you on that in my area, Atlantic Canada. Your right about the Winter tires. You can't drive in my area without Winter tires. You wouldn't get two feet without Winter tires. Studs are common here also. FWD is acceptable, AWD & 4x4 is a bonus. RWD I wouldn't take if it were free. It's all relative to where you are.

#725 MPE426HEMI, Aug 18, 2016
  6. desavona

desavona Active Member

I highly suspect winter tires with your AWD would have produced even more satisfactory results. Regardless, in my area winter tires don't make sense. Indiana gets multiple mostly light snows (15-20 inches per season on average) but the roads get cleared relatively quickly back to wet pavement. All-season tires are what makes sense. Hoosiers can experience all 4 seasons in 4 consecutive days at times, so AWD/4WD is nice to have. Not necessary but nice.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  7. dmcdonald

dmcdonald Well-Known Member

I will say that RWD with the modern electronic traction controls provides far and away better traction than most people realize but no one will ever drive where we live and not see the major advantages of 4wd or AWD!! Often referred to as a mini San Fransisco, St. John's is built on hills, many very steep. Throw in lots of ice and snow and you will quickly see why 4wd and AWD are popular here. It is exceptionally rare to see 2WD pickups.

8. MPE426HEMI

^^^^This^^^^^

Exactly correct Sir!

#728 MPE426HEMI, Aug 18, 2016
    GasAxe likes this.
  9. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

In Southern BC we are fortunate enough to enjoy 1-2 days of snow per year, typically around 5-10cm, maybe more. I've ripped around in a FWD with all season tires no problem. Between it being a manual transmission and FWD I had no problem safely and confidently driving around. I've also driven a Hyundai Genesis RWD w/manual trans in the snow too on all-season tires. Again, no issues. I actually found I had to take traction control off to get myself going though.

10. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

I am starting to see at least one Pacifica in the wild every day here in the suburbs of Philadelphia. They are usually red, which is a color the car looks fantastic in...

11. Ian

Ian Car Freak

I just saw a Pacifica on the road today. It was silver with 19 or 20 inch wheels. Beautiful vehicle.

From the license plate (Sequence of letters and numbers on Quebec plates) it is owned by a business. Either a private or a rental.

12. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

I have not seen a single one on the road.

13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I live in the Georgia mountains in a resort community. I've seen two Pacificas (at least one had a rental bar code on it) and one Fiat 124. I think the 124 is a resident and the vans are visitors.

14. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

I have seen 3

15. PCRMike

PCRMike Well-Known Member

I have seen about 20. But then again, I drive a 90 minute commute each way to Nashville.

16. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I was just there (St. John's) last month!

dmcdonald likes this.
  17. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I saw a nice white Pacifica yesterday :)

Looked really good - private plates too. Not brand new plates, so it replaced a vehicle.

18. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

I have finally been able to see one up close. When I was on vacation last month I saw a bunch (wasn't counting) on the road, and wasn't about to spend my vacation time at the dealership. But, now that I am back in Okinawa I have two, one each at two Military Auto Sales locations on two bases I have been to recently. I am really impressed. While on vacation I got to spend some time in my in-law's '12 T&C, and my wife's uncle let us borrow their '10 Grand Caravan.

19. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

A week or so ago, I saw one in the wild. Otherwise, I've only seen them at the dealerships.

20. srm3500

srm3500 Well-Known Member

I have seen 2 black, 1 red, 1 silver and 2 with a color I don't know the name of (not one of them was a rental either) :cool:,
    the sad part is here in my area within 20 miles I don't see a single one of them up front on dealer lots. In fact
    unless they are all having trouble stocking them some dealers don't even have any! The dealer that is near me has
    1 Pacifica way in the back of the lot o_O and up front they have a Jeep Renegade, Cherokee a Dodge Challenger r/t, Charger
    and a Chrysler 300......:confused: