AF: The Pacificas are here....... | Page 40 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pacificas are here.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 23, 2016.

1. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

They only had the one Limited with entertainment system and cameras everywhere option, so I didn't even ask.... :)

I really would like to drive one and see how much difference the transmission and new body stiffness makes.

Wil

2. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one yet.

3. pt006

pt006 Active Member

When they put AWD in them, then add more do-dads, then jack up the price, they could call them Pacifica Excalades.

4. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

9 months later, we have our biggest challenger:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm posting this in here because I think this car will be the true judge of whether the Pacifica has gone far enough. Honda, as I feared, mentioned that the mpg of the Ody will be superior to that of the Pacifica. Good thing we have a hybrid!

5. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Suddenly everywhere around here.

6. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road

Not a fan of that belt line or D pillar. Still has roof entertainment, no apparent huge sunroof like the Pacifica. Windows look small from the interior shot. Seems like a small evolution of the current one.

suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

Did you see Honda completely and shamelessly stole the "Are we there yet?" feature?

suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  8. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

They finally hid the sliding door track!!

Otherwise, nothing really interesting.

Pacifica looks so much better, inside and out (IMO), and doesn't have a push button transmission!

somber and suzq044 like this.
  9. thumper

thumper Well-Known Member

Third row leg room in the Honda looks pretty small, but I'd need to see it in real life to be sure. Yesterday I sat in the third row of our 2017 Pacifica and was perfectly comfortable, leg room and all. (FYI, I'm 6' 2" tall). Just an observation...

Craig

somber and UN4GTBL like this.
  10. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

The Integrated seat video systems in the FCA products are so much better than any roof mounted or clip on seat units from any other manufacturer.
    It is really a standout design how it disappears into the seat back...brilliant!

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Did you see how FCA completely and shamelessly stole the vacuum cleaner feature? Works both ways I guess :p

Ian, UN4GTBL and dodgeatheart like this.
  12. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Just damn ugly... :( bleck... I'd be using the vacuum feature cleaning cleaning out Honda design...

Wil

13. Mallard

Mallard Active Member

I thought Honda said a while ago that they were working on a Hybrid version too...

14. PCRMike

PCRMike Well-Known Member

I see them occasionally here. When I was in a very upscale neighborhood a few days ago, I passed a school zone. It was full of Range Rovers and Slades. The third item I noticed was a pile of Pacificas! Quite impressive demographic methinks.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

This is something I appreciate about the Pacifica as well.

The 5th gen DGC and T&C were pretty good too, except for foot space, but the new seats in the Pacifica solved that.

thumper likes this.
  16. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

Those side sliding second row seats are pretty slick in the Honda!
    That's the one feature I see buyers liking.

17. Costas

Costas Active Member

Switzerland here. Saw my first Pacifica in flesh and blood standing at a dealer that imports US cars directly and works with a dealer in New Jersey (if I remember correctly from the stickers on the car). Nice looking car, but coming with a $75'000 price tag for a Limited. That's quite a statement and on par with its main competitors here, Mercedes V-Class and VW T6 Multivan. The Voyager was much cheaper. I will need to test it thoroughly to see whether it is worth the hassle compared to the Benz, e.g. limited spare parts, everything needs to be ordered from the US, low resale value, 3,6l motor that is heavily taxed here in Europe and thirsty. Seems to be an offer for die hard US car fans and not the masses.

18. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

I'm not sure how much styling drives sales in the minivan market but the new Odissey is so boring (not to mention ugly) compared with the Pacifica. In the interior there seems to be a lot of differences in terms of functionalities that it would make the purchase of one or the other as a matter of preference.

somber likes this.
  19. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I don't think its different enough from the old one for people to notice the difference. If they want inexpensive with features there's always the Caravan. I'm wouldn't be surprised if the Caravan shows back up after the current one is no longer to be certified for crash tests.

Ian likes this.
  20. Ian

Ian Car Freak

It won't, minivans don't reflect Dodge's new "image"