AF: The Pacificas are here....... | Page 41 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pacificas are here.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 23, 2016.

1. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

I don't know how the dealers around here plan on selling any Pacificas. I went shopping at the biggest dealer in the area, and found eight Pacifica vans. Seven were strippers, and one was a Limited. One was red, and all the rest were gray. They were located about 150 yards from the showroom on the very end of the back lot. Between them and the showroom were about 250 Jeeps, a dozen Durangos, and four 2016 Dodge and Chrysler vans, two of them modified for wheel chair access.

There were no 200s, no Darts, a handful of Chargers and 300s, and maybe 20 Challengers. The entire front row, the length of a football field, two and three and some places four deep, was made up of Ram trucks, including a dozen ProMaster vans right outside the showroom entrance. I'd estimate the number of Rams at about 3-400.

FWIW, the salesman said they didn't have any vans because they sell so fast and they can't get any, especially Limited models. Right! I don't drive as much anymore, but I've seen a grand total of two on the road since they were launched. Seems strange that they parked all of them so far from the showroom. Since Kia displays a 15-20 vans on their front row, I would think they could have found room for eight by moving two rows of Jeeps or Rams down four spaces. Especially strange since the majority of passenger van buyers are retirees and people with kids and they make them walk the longest distance.

Just curious, but does Chrysler recommend the pecking order for vehicle display?

Ryan likes this.
  2. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Not to pick on you personally, but where is "around here"?

You tell a story and give us no context. This is a problem on Allpar and something everyone should note: Put your location in your profile.

As far as we know, you could be in the Falkland Islands. It does not help when people do not give us some clue.

Maybe you told Allpar where you are in some other post, but nobody is going to look for it.

Lastly, if you are going to talk about vehicle, how about year, make and model - trim so we have some context as well?

End of rant.

Ian and Mike V. like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Not everyone feels comfortable putting their location in their profile - it's very much user preference. While his location could be useful in determining the regions where vehicles are selling well, the point remains that somewhere Pacifica inventory is limited and they are not being displayed as they should be.

There's absolutely no need to be ranting about what is otherwise an informative and detailed post.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Really?

Unless he lives in a town with a population of 7, nobody is going to know who he is......and even then....who cares?

His rant is only valid once you have the context of it. Otherwise it is internet noise that should be ignored.

5. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

His location is in his profile. There's really no need for him to be more specific unless he feels comfortable.

PCRMike likes this.
  6. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Macon GA: two Pacifica's on the lot from what I saw, a few used avengers, no darts or 200s, mostly Jeep and ram inventory. Not surprising, serves rural customers, and ram/Jeep are biggest profits for dealers too.

7. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

I just saw one of the first Hybrids. It was headed to a training facility in our area . I am hoping our Hybrids are not far behind.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#807 CDJSalesPro, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    dodgeatheart, UN4GTBL, somber and 4 others like this.
  8. srm3500

srm3500 Well-Known Member

That is one sharp looking van! :cool:

somber likes this.
  9. CDJSalesPro

Why is that you assume the salesperson isn't being honest with his assessment? Over the last two months Chrysler has pushed Pacifica sales so it is not difficult to believe that his inventory may be light . In Sept we had over 25 vans in stock as of yesterday we were down to 7. As for how he displays his inventory.....If he is in Texas I am not surprised that he had his trucks and Jeeps up front. For the record my store is not a big Truck store and my Truck inventory is located towards the rear of my lot. AS for making retirees and kids walk....... After assessing my customers needs and wants I bring the vehicle up to them. After the test drive we may drive to location pf other vehicles so they may choose a different model.

10. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

I assumed the salesman wasn't being honest because he claimed the factory wasn't yet up to full production because the van wasn't introduced until this past October.

Since there was a 4-day factory shutdown recently because the dealers have a good supply, also led me to believe he either didn't know his product, or he was blowing smoke.

#810 GaryS, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Ryan likes this.
  11. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

@CDJSalesPro - nailed it. On a more self-serving side of why we pull the vehicle up for the client after qualifying their needs and wants: so they don't start pointing at other trims asking if "we can get those wheels, with that fascia, with those fog lights, in -that- colour..." etc.

Illegal Machine likes this.
  12. BobbiBigWheels

@Mike V. and @oh2o - the "LX" trim level is now available on Canadian build and price. I didn't hear any rumblings from Allpar regarding this. It is a nicely equipped Pacifica - Stow n' Go, Proximity with Push Start, Tri-Zone Climate, and Uconnect 5.0 w/Bluetooth. Based on options, it is still $7000 more than a comparably equipped Grand Caravan (SXT w/power windows, climate group, hands-free bluetooth.) Seeing as how the LX package is supposed to be "entry level" for Pacifica, and the Grand Caravan is slated to leave us eventually, at what point will the Pacifica LX also carry an "entry level" price? $40,685 MSRP after destination or a brand new Odyssey with back-up camera and power driver's seat for $30,790 MSRP after destination. They are missing the freakin' mark here.

13. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Yeah, that's crazy.

The LX is decently equipped, but for $40k, not a good value.

Ian and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  14. BobbiBigWheels

Canadians buy on price point, and we sell the most entry level trims than any other trim. Ram 1500? ST/SXTs. Dodge Grand Caravan? CVP/SXT. Jeep Cherokee? Sport FWD. Dodge Journey? CVP/SE.

Pacificas are going to rot on my lot. Again, Town & Country is not popular. If Pacifica is slated to replace Grand Caravan, they need to ensure they are replacing more than just a vehicle segment, but also, a price-point they always had.

15. Ian

Ian Car Freak

I agree with you...Odyssey and Sienna have a proven reliability record and good dealers. Why would someone pay $10k more for a minivan that has no reliability history and poor after sale service...

This is one of the reasons the Dart and 200 got killed.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. CDJSalesPro

;) agreed....

BobbiBigWheels and Ian like this.
  17. Uni444

Uni444 Member

Considering Sergio said 'we may not be able to use the most accessible minivan moniker anymore' I would imagine that won't be happening.

18. BobbiBigWheels

I look forward to seeing the new Honda/Toyota commercial boasting the best selling minivan, likely with exploding Caravans in the background as they drive through an apocalyptic street. "Dethroned" we'll call it.

19. Uni444

Uni444 Member

I don't. Considering I build them lol.