AF: The very best Is about to come. | Page 17 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The very best Is about to come.

Discussion in 'Rumors and General Chrysler Discussion' started by Mr.Source, Dec 12, 2018.

1. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Demon, Redline and 1320 were a lot more than stickers. Daytona was an incredible value package.
    I was just at LX SpringFest. Over 2600 cars there. From where I am sitting the love for Charger and Challenger is well and alive. Just hope the 300 will get some, too.

cdjr77, Donte Lindsey and Dave Z like this.
  2. James A

James A Active Member

Yea, no doubt about it but who can afford them? I'm referring to the volume sellers and what more will they even get in 2020? The lower trims will likely get trickle down rims and stickers like the Hellcat strips, US Army livery etc. Daytona is a livery package. Does it have the Super Track Pack final drive? Even so, it's a few years old already. They're making the brass monkey rims available on GT and RT so maybe we'll get the black versions in 2020 but I doubt much more than that. Seems that the performance attention that the Charger is supposed to get is going to the widebody upper trims. Also, there are already a lot of these cars on the road, they've been popular, so you'd expect there to be a lot at a festival.

If they spent money on a fresh-faced widebody kit, why wouldn't they amortize the cost by putting that face on volume sellers, especially with delays to the new products? Who knows, maybe they will.

MPE426HEMI and page2171 like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I feel like I’ve been over this before with you. The widebody face has the fenders molded into the fascia. It's all one piece. They can’t put a widebody fascia with wide fenders on a narrow car. They’d have to design another fascia for the cheaper vehicles which creates cost instead of amortizing it.

I don't know if they could use the majority of the design but manufacture it without the fenders molded in at a cheaper cost than making a new fascia from scratch. Maybe @TripleT can enlighten us on that one. But either way, I personally don't think they'll go that route.

#323 Ryan, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    James A likes this.
  4. James A

James A Active Member

I don't see why they couldn't. Nothing about the shape of the lower or upper opening is related to being wide. It's literally the Durango face on a Charger that happens to be a widebody. If it can be taken from a narrow body truck and fitted to a widebody it should be able to be applied to a narrow body charger as well. That being said I'm with you, although I hope they will I doubt they will.

#324 James A, Apr 18, 2019
  5. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

The design may be similar, but it's not like they just took the Durango front end and redesigned it for the Charger. They made it specifically for the Charger widebody and they'd have to make another molding specifically for the normal cars.

#325 Ryan, Apr 18, 2019
  6. James A

James A Active Member

True, but work in designing that nose for a charger is done. Maybe tripleT knows the costs of removing the flares. It doesn't seem like it needs much more work/costs. A lot of car brands refresh the nose and tail lights 2-3 years before a redesign. In this case, it would only be a nose (maybe a rear bumper too but that's the same situation). They put money into a new wing design, a stitched dash and a widebody with a new nose design, so clearly they're still putting money into this gen. If they've gone so far idk why it would be so expensive to do a narrow body version if extends the life of the current gen for them.

7. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

So.... it's 2020....

8. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

upload_2020-1-22_13-49-0.jpeg

Tony K and mdh1776 like this.
  9. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's sad all they really focused on was finding another merger. Let's hope when all the electric car is coming and it's coming now all shakes out that what's left of our favorite company is still here. Those going all in too fast like VW are going to be hurting badly I predict. Take the slow road whatever you are going to call yourselves new company. ICE is going to be here for a long time yet

FreeLantz likes this.
  10. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

In some European countries from today is opened a pre- purchase order list for the Jeep Renegade 4xe and Compass 4xe, that are the plugin hybrids.
    Power 240 CV, 180 from 1.3 turbo engine and 60 from electric motor.
    Maximum torque: 270 N m from the 1.3 engine and 263 N m from the electric motor.
    0-100 km/h about 7 seconds, maximum speed 200 km/h
    Towing rate 1250 kg.
    Warranty is 5 years, for the battery is 8 years or 160k km.

There are two version, the Urban and Off-road trim levels.

Pricelist for First Edition in Italy is Euro 40900 for Renegade and 45900 for the Compass, that price includes VAT. For Renegade is about Euro 33.5k + VAT (22%).
    In the price is also included a “wallbox” for domestic recharging.

T_690, AlfaCuda and ScramFan like this.
  11. BillyRaff

BillyRaff Active Member

Do we know of any actual changes (minor I imagine like Uconnect 5) to the 2021 chargers/challengers?

12. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I don't think we'd see the Uconnect 5 on Charger/Challenger until the next refresh/redesign in 2023.

BillyRaff and nodrz like this.
  13. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

I only want a slot to put/charge my phone/tablets. I don't remember last time I used an in-dash whatever (radio/screen/etc).
    :)

14. nodrz

nodrz Active Member

There will be no redesign in 2023. PSA will kill the platform, it make no sense to continue the old platform.

15. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Where did you get that information from?

BillyRaff and Tony K like this.
  16. James A

James A Active Member

The 2023 redesign would introduce a new platform...

BillyRaff likes this.
  17. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

So is it time we start to call out so called "sources" or do we just keep letting vague and possibly false information be shared?

So I know the year is just starting but there is no information that anything will happen this year that will make FCA knock out the "competitivo" as you say. Would you care to share some more insider wisdom and knowledge? Will 2021 be better? Have things changed since when you originally posted this?

Thanks for your time.

I do love your enthusiasm and I love Mopar too, but I would hold back your praise for a bit. :) Mopar Always! I agree!

James A likes this.
  18. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Well, if you're correct then that plant we be shut down. That should make negotiations with unifor interesting.

19. BillyRaff

BillyRaff Active Member

will we see anything new (besides wheels, paint, typical changes) for the 2021 models?

20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Well, they could just threaten to leave Canada. That said, I really don't see them dropping the brand new Giorgio platform. It would be foolish, to say the least. “Well, Maserati and Alfa Romeo and Dodge were fun for a while, but they don't use Peugeot platforms, so they're gone!” I can't see that happening. If we follow that logic, the Wrangler and Ram would also go away.

They always talk about reducing platforms but if something's profitable, it's gonna stay around for a while. Then they talk about “these two platforms are good for 80% of our nameplates” and don’t mention sales.

Tony K and James A like this.