AF: They Want to Buy our Compass | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They Want to Buy our Compass

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by bguy, Sep 9, 2015.

1. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

Had a call from the dealer yesterday, well actually i didn't recognize the lady but I don't know everyone who works there. She was pitching a loyalty program. She explained that our Compass is a popular vehicle and they want to offer to buy it from us. We set up an appointment so they could appraise the vehicle and there is a $1000 incentive. Apparently the dealer will be closed for 2 days on the 16 & 17th and only available to the customers in the loyalty program. We are under no obligation.
    What does this sound like to you?

2. WS23Mopar

WS23Mopar Active Member

valiant67 and Doug D like this.
  3. JTE

JTE Well-Known Member

4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Yep. It's just a sales gimmick to get you to the dealership. I received a letter from a non-MoPar dealer stating Journeys are in demand and they want my Journey. Who are they kidding? I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night.

tomit and WS23Mopar like this.
  5. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

I am kinda curious to see what they offer. With only 9 payments made I know they won't come near what I owe on it. :D
    I had concluded it was a sales gimmick. The thought also entered my head that someone was trying to arrange a known time for my house to be empty. :oops:
    A little paranoid I know but it is what it is.

6. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

It's September, they need to move the 2015s off the lot.
    There are a lot of good deals out there if you need a new vehicle, which you probably don't right now.

7. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Yeah, IF you need a new vehicle. Even if I did, I would wait until the end of the month when they are under pressure to make the sales numbers for the month. And I wouldn't buy a 2016. I'd be looking at 2015's since I know they'd want to get those off the lot.

floridaman2013 likes this.