AF: Thinking of New FCA product.. | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of New FCA product..

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Hangout' started by saltydog, Apr 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Disagree .. not lots of money a "need" does it fit the needs of what one does for a living or a place they live. Same thing when I'm ask .. why do you have such a big truck? There are lots of vehicles that cost more and do less, with a Gladiator or Rubicon or Power Wagon which are purpose built, they still have multiple uses.

saltydog, page2171 and Ryan like this.
  2. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

Sooo....I think if this all goes through they I want, the Ram will be my choice.

The Gladiator is great and I love the style and function of the roof coming off(I miss my convertible) the driving dynamics a very good and not many compromises in my view. What is holding me back it the smallish rear seat room and the price for the loaded ones.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  3. Shane Estabrooks

You would have to ask yourself if the uses out weigh the compromises you need to make. The Gladiator is to small for my needs but wow do I like the ability. Ram truck comes with so much without going up to a loaded one, have room, can tow/haul, very quite interior, still able to mild 4x4 and looks awesome:D

saltydog likes this.
  4. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

I too have been toying with the idea of replacing my venerable 1991 Dakota with a newer truck. It seems there is better pricing on the Ram 1500 classic versus the updated body style that debuted in year 2019. Dealer incentives plus manufacturer incentives such as finance incentive and trade assistance on the classic model.

I have found a few left over 2019 models that to me would be the best way to get a larger discounted price. But I saw one Y T video that says now is NOT the time to buy a pickup truck. Trucks are still in demand versus sedan type cars and with closed factories and no new trucks entering the dealership lots, dealers do NOT have to discount as much or if at all. So confusing signals given. Thoughts????

5. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Even before the economy slowed due to COVID, the Ram Classic had discounts Of 20-25% off MSRP. Substantial discounts are an ongoing part of the full size truck markets, for all the brands. Ram Classic is still a great product, when I bought one last year, I got a truck with a $50k MSRP for under $40k before taxes and such.

Tony K and saltydog like this.
  6. saltydog

A few things I have noted: Inventory on the Classic Ram's quit good at most dealers, so you should be able to find what you want, next is the current financing options make this a good time to buy or lease.

As far dealers giving discounts, my advise would be to look at larger dealers, as they tend make their profit off of volume sales, so there are a bit more willing to sell the truck under invoice, plus any current incentives.

Good luck on your search :)

7. saltydog

Well a quick update: The deal did not go through....the issue was my trade in, which made things a bit lopsided. I still like that truck, so if I can work something out to sell my current truck, then there is a shot.

I also toyed looking at GMC Sierra AT4, nice truck but the Ram has a much better interior. Not sure what GM was thinking? That said, the tech in GMC is nice, one of the best Camera and safety systems I have seen yet.

8. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Yeah, the used vehicle market is swamped which is great for buyers, not so much for sellers. Daughter recently purchased a 2017 Mazda C5. Dealer only offered $500 for her '05 Scion. Given that the AC no longer worked (freon leak) I'd say she was lucky they took it. She got good financing (3.9%) though.

Tony K and saltydog like this.
  9. saltydog

So a quick update: I sold my GMC, not really trying, but sometimes thats how things work.

So now I need a replacement and I cant find anything! Dealer stock is crazy low right now....

10. Shane Estabrooks

Nice @saltydog ... first thing I'd do is paint those rims with flat black bed liner... Black on white looks cool

saltydog likes this.
  11. saltydog

So we got everything finalized today and I should have my truck on Monday or Tuesday, depending on Shipping schedules.

This is the first time I have ever had such a hard time finding a truck with the options I wanted and decent price.

Lots have never been so empty! And when I would find a truck online, then call, it would be sold....:eek:

Once the truck has arrived, I will post some pictures. Window sticker link: https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/win...4-1042246383.1593801074&vin=1C6SRFFT0LN323269

So on a dealer perspective, almost every one had a very different way of advertising and putting the out the door price. I have learned a lot. ;)

One other note, there seems to be plenty of EcoDiesels on lots....

Shane Estabrooks and djsamuel like this.
  12. saltydog

Well the truck has been delivered! :)

Once I figure out how to post pictures(I closed my photobucket account) I will get some pictures up :)

13. Shane Estabrooks

I use my phone to post pics .. easier than on a computer where you need to down size and all that work, some how it's all done automatically with phones.

14. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

I use Imgur to host and post pics, very easy to use :)

Shane Estabrooks and saltydog like this.
  15. saltydog

Lets try this:

[​IMG]

16. saltydog

Its soo odd, I can see this picture in the preview, but once I post it does not work....o_O

17. saltydog

Thank you and it has an app so i can post from my phone :)

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  18. saltydog

I will get some interior shots later, been rather busy the last few days :)