AF: Thoughts on the new F150? | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on the new F150?

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by suzq044, Jun 26, 2020.

1. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

Chevrolet/GMC were 5 years between generations, Ford is 6 years between generations.

Well what does Ram do?

Ram hit a home run with the 5th Gen 1500's.

According to some the 5th Gen HD'S are up in 23.

That puts the new 1500's around 25.

ScramFan likes this.
  2. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

That's not horrible. It's still a giant heavy duty truck with a gas engine, the transmission can only do so much. I'm sure he'd be doing better if those options were on the 150, or even just gone without 4x4. All that weight adds up. You want the best mpg? Don't get a 250 4x4. They're meant for towing not mpg.

Tony K and ScramFan like this.
  3. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, it's an aluminum bodied truck with a 10 speed supposedly high tech transmission. I would expect better highway mileage, so did he.

freshforged and aldo90731 like this.
  4. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the GMC Sierra.

5. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

Ford's MPG numbers have always been inflated.

FCA's tend to be understated.

tlc and ScramFan like this.
  6. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Epadoesn't test 2500+ trucks so ford couldn't "inflate" those. Hell they cant inflate any numbers since a different source test for the milage

Tony K and valiant67 like this.
  7. mentalicca

mentalicca Well-Known Member

If you are saying that someone other than Ford (or a company hired by ford) is doing the mileage testing, that is not correct. It is definitely the OEm supplying the data to the EPA and not the EPA itself that tests the vehicles (save for random checks and when they deem additional scrutiny is mandated). So technically they could, since they would supply the data to the EPA. Would they? Doubtful, as the penalties have been getting stiffer for OEMs who skirt the law.

Now gaming the EPA testing cycles, that is something a lot of manufacturers have done and continue to do so. EPA routinely updates the testing cycles/procedures now though, to account for this and to more accurately give mpg figures.

8. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

Ford does not rate the F250 mpg. They don't have to. Fast lane got over 1 mpg better with a Chevy gas vs. the big Fr'd gas under full load. Empty they got 15.

Tony K likes this.
  9. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Apologies for this being just slightly off-topic, but...

Why haven't we heard so much as a peep out of FCA on the subject of a an EV Ram Pickup?

Is this going to be yet another instance of "late to the party"?

10. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Not a fan of the massive screen trend we already went through this with the desktop, laptop, cell phone, tablets, cell phones again and now cars. The constant force feeding of tech and screens is beginning to make me sick.

Otherwise I don't mind it, actually a fan of the 70s light stack. But all I really care is how trouble free it can be over time, that's what makes a good truck.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  11. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Only difference here was that that the body was mint green, with a dark green roof and side molding.

I always joked that it could pass anything on the road......except a gas station.:D

At the end of its long long life, when The Salvation Army came to take it away...I wish I had removed the hood ornament as a keep-sake.

aldo90731 likes this.
  12. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

Sorry but that Ram has so much chrome, it looks like a small dog showing it's teeth. The Ford looks much more balanced, to me.

aldo90731 likes this.
  13. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

And the EcoBoost engines still aren't, by comparison to Ram, Chevy, or Toyota's V8's.

14. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Not on my JL. I have never been able to get anything close to the promised 22 MPG. Not even going downhill...with a tailwind. The closest it’s ever been was 19.9 MPG...and that happened only once. But then, none of my Wranglers have ever come close to EPA numbers.

15. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

Mods, why is this thread in Mopar news? Last I heard, Ford wasn't part of FCA...

16. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I imagine that's gonna be what happens but not totally sure. They seem pretty hell-bent on their own little battery-assisted applications that i can no longer remember the name of

17. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

There hasn’t been any EV pickup yet, save it for Tesla fugly truck

Ram was first with a mild hybrid aka eTorque.
    Ford came first with a full hybrid but it is only bared into the 3.5 EcoBoost. I would have liked a hybrid V8.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  18. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Got rust?
    [​IMG]

kevin m. Henry likes this.
  19. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Ha ha! Around here late 80's and 90's Fords were notorious for having the area around the rear wheel wells rusted badly. Not many of that era left on the road around here. Dodge and Chevy not so much.

20. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Don't care which company logo is on my sheet metal (or plastic) as long as I'm not crawling under it or chasing electrical issues all the time.