Allpar Forums banner

To Matte or not to Matte?

5K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  MPE426HEMI 
#1 ·
I was browsing the internet looking at colour schemes and came across the matte black, not sure how i feel about this... thoughts?

See less See more
#6 ·
The "Murdered Look" over done now, Looks poser ish, playing too hard at trying to be a performance car. better off thinking Street Sleeper, stripped to the bone Abarth hard top, white, no stripes, no decals, pop wheels. shed as much weight as possible like: ditch the passengers, rear seats, carpet, head liner, keep maximum 1/4 tank fuel, seam weld it. stuff like that

#9 ·
I love the matte finishes. Certain colors look really nice and on certain cars. I've seen a few Vipers like this and they are awesome.
To each his/her own on preference. Some matte colors look like primer or poly bond however and it's hard to look at. Those two Fiats look nice.

#10 ·
Yes, certain colors look good in matte, multiple color matte looks good with proper combinations, so what about a wrap? I know it is more expensive than matte, but if you don't like it, you can remove it. This one would probably look good with accents of shiny black or red stripes on the hood.

Reactions: MPE426HEMI
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.