Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took a little vacation....

Discussion in 'Photo and Video Lab' started by poorboy_616, May 7, 2016.

1. poorboy_616

poorboy_616 Mr. Fixit
    Level 2 Supporter

Not much happened lately.

Attended the Long Beach Cleanup with Keenan, Hannah, Phil and few others from PistonsWild Motorsports and Clatsop County Sons of Beaches 4x4.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stayed at the Warrenton KOA. I was going to tent camp for the weekend, but by the time I hot the go button, they were sold out of tent site. They had one Kamping Kabin left, so I snagged it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did some Beach driving.
    [​IMG]

Visited an old shipwreck. The Peter Iredale. Toured Ft. Stevens.
    [​IMG]

I had a ton of fun, got out of the city and enjoyed some peace and quiet away from the family and the much needed break from caring for my mother who has many, many health issues.

I attended Pick up the Burn with the crew from Pistonswild Motorsports and some of Jeep Nation guys. Lots of trash, tires and spent brass was collected.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

Great pics, man. Thanks for posting them!

poorboy_616 likes this.
  3. poorboy_616

poorboy_616 Mr. Fixit
    Level 2 Supporter

Thank you. :) Yacult Burn is beautiful. Yacolt Burn State Forest | WA - DNR

The Beach cleanup happened a couple weeks ago, the Yacult Burn cleanup happened today. Pick up the Burn is an annual event held by several local clubs, the DNR, USFS and DFW. It gets a huge turn out every year. I'm kidding when I say that you will find everything and the kitchen sink on these cleanups. :eek:

I could have used the winch at the beach help pull stuck vehicles, but that was just a dream then. Luckily I didn't need it today. Pretty easy trail system. Besides, yesterday morning (5-6-2016) was an all out thrash'n'bash to get the bumper and the winch on after working all night. I was so exhausted by the end, I had no desire to run the electrical for the winch. So, until that gets done, It'll be there for looks. o_O

4. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Washington brethren! Great pics! Love going to those places as well, though I haven't been to Yacolt. Been very close.

poorboy_616 likes this.
  5. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Great pics! A cabin is my wife's idea of "camping". She's not fond of tent camping. Neither am I as I have gotten older. I'd rather have an RV.

poorboy_616 likes this.
  6. AlPards

AlPards New Member

great pics. nice place to visit