AF: Top ten reasons it’s the Pacifica | Page 7 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top ten reasons it’s the Pacifica

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Ian

Ian Car Freak

Fine then. Be like that lol. I always called them Dodge Ram. Most people will, I said most people...:p

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

And I have just as much anecdotal evidence to counter your claim.

The reason why has been explained. Changing the name of the minivan is not the same as rebranding Dodge Truck as Ram.

Chrysler, Ford and GM have all stopped using many different vehicle names over the years.

Life goes on, management has changed and they are leaving there mark. I'll let the sales speak for themselves.

Mike

Prabhjot and TripleT like this.
  3. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Be here southern Indiana not too far from Evansville, we call Graham Ram trucks, my father and mother are from New Castle so the just keep calling the cars Maxwells.... You can't give up 100 years of history

4. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes

Exactly, and that can be said about any issue. Almost everything is driven by bias when choice is available. Almost everyone living in today's Western culture actually see themselves as capable of purely objective thinking. Incredible (and delusional).

Prabhjot likes this.
  5. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Aerostar wasn't even remotely related to the Windstar/Freestar, other than being a Ford.

Aerostar was old school "truck" and RWD, Wind/Freestar were FWD.

Doug D and UN4GTBL like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Car Freak

Yes and I think the only reason the Windstar was renamed was because someone at Ford had the brilliant idea that all vehicles at Ford should start with the letter F (Freestar, Five Hundred, Freestyle, Fusion) Mercury was the letter M.

Regardless, the Freestar name was just odd...

Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. Ian

Ian Car Freak

Back on topic of changing names. I was thinking about this last night.

The Chrysler vans were not even called by their proper name most of the time. Even some dealerships are selling brand new Caravans and the Town & Country was often refered as a Caravan. I wonder if the Pacifica will be called Caravan as well?

8. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

I have never hardly heard either of them much the way you never heard Aries or Reliant... Dodge Minivan and Chrysler Minivan.... face it, it take quite a effort to spit out Chrysler Town and Country

Ian likes this.
  9. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I like the name Pacifica, but I find it a lot more attractive that T & C which sounds more like a residence than a vehicle to me at least.... And Town & Country isn't than an oxymoron when considered one name?

10. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...

In FCA (And Chrysler Group, and before that) sales reports, the Dodge minivan is referred to as "Caravan." The Plymouth minivan was referred to as "Voyager." "Grand" was not called out separately.

Much of it is laziness as well.

Town & Country is a legacy name for Chrysler - I have no issue if they opt to retire it.

This, to me, is a Town & Country: 1942_Chrysler_TownCountryBarrelbackWagon-0-1024.jpg

TripleT, burtstwins, Prabhjot and 6 others like this.
  11. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

Didn't the Aerostar (or Zerostar as our field service people referred to them) share components with the original Ford Ranger?

12. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

pardon me, but this strikes me as cutting off your nose to spite your face.

danbek likes this.
  13. Ian

Ian Car Freak

Yes. They shared same components as the Ranger/Bronco II

#133 Ian, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  14. Cornupenuria

Cornupenuria Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a DeSoto "Suburban" that was actually a factory LWB notch-back limo.

15. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

For me it's the K-Car based ones from the 1980s. I've owned 2 different T+Cs, a 1972 powered by a 440 with a Holley 4 barrel (fun car) and a 2000 AWD minivan. Time to move on and retire the name.

16. Int

Int Active Member

Prabhjot likes this.
  17. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

By the way, are we expecting any other FCA USA (domestic) autos or trucks to change model names?

james.mooney. likes this.
  18. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Doesn't matter. They were all sold as Ford's minivan offering....

19. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

The Journey's replacement will most likely have a different name. But I suppose the name could return on the Chrysler D-CUV.

Patriot will most likely be dropped as a name. They could surprise everyone and not use Compass either.

Aspen has been recently patented. I suspect that will be the Chrysler E-CUV counterpart to the Pacifica.

I wouldn't be shocked if they drop the 300 name if its replacement is FWD. Maybe they could call it "Town and Country" ;-)

When referring to the planned XL Jeep, Mr. Marchionne said, "Grand Wagoneer, er, Wagoneer."

Prabhjot likes this.
  20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I woudl be surprised if they dropped Compass. I hate to see Aspen back again.

Glad Marchionne is moving to Wagoneer rather than Grand Wagoneer... which was only used for a few years when the Wagoneer was well and truly obsolete. Might not have been with the right engine.

james.mooney. likes this.