NewsNew Pacifica trim to hit sweet spot? • Does the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torqueflite 727 no reverse when warmed up possible servo issue

Discussion in 'Pre-1994 trucks, commercial vehicles' started by upser145, Apr 14, 2017.

1. upser145

upser145 New Member

I have a TF 727 and the reverse will hesitate then pop into gear and kind of work if its cold but once it warms up i pretty much lose all reverse. I have properly adjusted the reverse band in the transmission so I think the next step would be to check the servo. I've never done much transmission work myself and was wondering if there was a walkthrough or something out there somebody could point me to to assist me in checking the low reverse servo. Thanks in advance guys

2. upser145

upser145 New Member

Ive been planning on a rebuild soon anyway but if its only a servo or something i could do myself without dropping the trans i figure i should atleast try'

3. geraldg

geraldg Active Member Ad-Free Member

what year and model is the car ?

4. dana44

dana44 Well-Known Member Ad-Free Member

I had this happen to my Charger once. Yes, it was the servo, tore it down and found the spring had broken and the retaining clip had come off so no pressure could be held. wind it up and it would work just a little bit. Not a difficult fix, but you have to drop the pan if you do it in the car, fluid likes to drip a bit on you, so messy.

5. upser145

upser145 New Member

1988 dodge w150

6. PCRMike

PCRMike Active Member

Did you make sure the bands are adjusted correctly?