AF: tps sensor | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tps sensor

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by willrappold, Sep 14, 2016.

1. willrappold

willrappold Active Member

I have a question regarding my tps sensor on my 85 reliant se 2.2l tbi car. My tps sensor on the car looks like the ones for the carburetor-ed models not the fuel injected models, what do i do? Did the early tbi cars use the same sensor as carburetor-ed? Pick of what my sensor looks like on rock auto

1985 PLYMOUTH RELIANT 2.2L 135cid L4 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) | RockAuto

thanks for help.

2. Rickorino

Rickorino Well-Known Member

I never heard of a TPS on a carburator, it has a mechanical accellerator pump and a TPS is basically an electronic version of an accellerator pump. Select the one which matches the appearance of your original. One has a plug inserted into it and the other has a harness. Should be easy. If you have an ohm meter, you should check yours to be sure it is bad. Also very easy.

3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Feedback carbs did have a TPS. It monitored the opening of the carb and reported it to the computer, did nothing more than that.
    I've never compared one of them to what a TPS looks like on the TBI cars.

4. bamman

bamman Part Connoisseur

Your TPS sensor should look like this:

RockAuto