Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackhawks shipping now...600 built

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Scottina06, Nov 12, 2017.

1. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

I agree - I was just teasing. More than likely that offer has a catch like *with all possible rebates... which are often mutually exclusive. :rolleyes:

suzq044 likes this.
  2. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

Working there for years was good for something.
    I Still remember the Status Codes.

marlon_jbt likes this.
  3. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Says the man with several year old new Hellcat’s still on his lot. :D

Mike

4. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

Hey! We sold em'!

;)

I can order as many Hellcats as I wish, Trackhawks I get one, maybe 2. Supply and demand.

VoiceOfReason and Mike V. like this.
  5. CDJSalesPro

Level III Supporter

Absolutely pathetic...... If you cant make a little profit on a Trackhawk..... then you need to go back to selling shoes.......
    [​IMG]

I am sorry but I would rather kill myself then go to my owner with an offer of 2k under invoice on a a Jeep that we may get maybe two of for the entire year.....sad.....

6. jeepguy1123

jeepguy1123 Member

QC is garbage. I had my 2017 SRT bought back because it was 5 shades of white and 0 panels lined up. The replacement vehicle was as bad as the first and the rep said it was within their fit and finish standards. I hope this is different but I doubt it. I ordered a billet silver teackhawk It was shipped to storage (JS) 11/6 and sits there today.

7. Planefixer

Planefixer Member

My Trackhawk has been stuck in JS for close to a month.. some say "patience" FCA wants everything perfect...

Well here's my answer... apparently FCA has a quality problem... If now 11/23 they have 900 built and 300 in KZ that's only a 30 percent pass after rework of built vehicles........ the number was lower at the beginning of the week at 10 per cent pass after build line... that sucks period.

Only 115 delivered so far..

If FCA isn't making a Demon or Trackhawk then the pass rate is very high... probably everything passes that's why so much junk is made and that's why FCA is always chasing quality. Makes me wonder about my wife's 2015 Chrysler 200 ......lots of things I thought were not right I'm now second guessing and it will be back to the dealer......

Apparently that must go all the way up the entire SRT line as Hellcats and everything else is getting delivered.. just watch the Milous/Resume Speed delivery threads... pickups/vans/whatever just rolling out everyday..so what does that say to a average person....unless you buy a Trackhawk or Demon your buying shiat...but then again it will take us months to get it perfect.. but don't worry... just because the guy after you ordered and took delivery of his ..yours will be perfect... tell that to the guy that had his first Trackhawk built back at the beginning of October.. he still is in JS... FCA must need to replace everything except the VIN plate... it may be easier just to build the guy a new Jeep... that only takes three days....

Now my answer to FCA regarding my Trackhawk stuck in JS for close to a month.. what is my vehicles problem? Can Bus doesn't work? Engine bad? Supercharger making stones in a can noise? Lack of paint? Too much paint?? Doors don't fit?

I tried looking at that picture of all those Trackhawks in the building for rework.. How many vehicle in there 500?? Damn big building.

And all this fun and aggravation for a premium price just a couple dollars shy of $100K??.. Am I out of my mind?? And I see dealers on this forum not caring about me... the buyer? Don't forget FCA these are the days of social media where any dummy with a phone can snap a pic of bad things happening that years ago could be hidden, not so now.... the secrets out..

Dealers you need to call your regional managers and tell them people are getting pissed about how FCA operates.. or someday you won't have potential customers or product to sell..

And lets not get started on why the Demon production line has stopped... My prediction is lots of potential buyers are going to be screaming when they never see their Demon ..ever...

cygnus and UN4GTBL like this.
  8. jeepguy1123

jeepguy1123 Member

Anyone else notice the storage picture has almost no billet silver jeeps in it?

9. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

10. Planefixer

Planefixer Member

My Trackhawk has been stuck in JS for clos
    Does anybody see a math problem here?

Only 10 % shipped?

Only 30% in KZ?

I'e been watching for weeks now and to me it seems that only 10% off the build line pass quality control quickly the rest take from a week to 2 months or never...so far

11. Planefixer

Planefixer Member

Oh yea BTW I'm going to see if I can purchase another today for invoice price or under...maybe I can take delivery of that one before the P.O.S. built one gets out of JS...and save a bunch of cash. I figure over $10K saving

12. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

How much parts are installed, how much tuning, engine break-in, ... is done on Trackhawk out of "normal" assembly line?

Devildodge likes this.
  13. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

If it was a “normal” process, I doubt the vehicles would be accumulating, instead they would be moving through.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

15. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Extended QC is quite normal for a new specialty vehicle with so many changes. Production launched less than 6 weeks ago, having almost a thousand built, 350+ KZ'd, and almost 200 shipped is pretty damn good within that time frame. Looking back at the launch of the first Hellcats 3 years ago, the Jeep launch progress in comparison is similar, if not well ahead. The Hellcats were never "reworked" during QC, and neither are the Trackhawks being "reworked" - that description makes it sound like there have been a ton of problems, of which there has not been.

Looking back at some of FCA's new vehicle launches in the past, the Trackhawk, believe it or not, has been one of the smoothest. The original scheduled launch date that was posted by insiders well over a year ago was only off by less than 3 weeks.

16. CDJSalesPro

Level III Supporter

suzq044, UN4GTBL and Alonzo Del Real like this.
  17. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

The determination to get Trackhawks and Demons perfect before delivery is an excellent program goal. The worry I have is what would be causing the long delays. Is of due to the original vehicles coming off the line with a list of defects or is it something in the upfit process? Is it drivetrain related or with the interior? The areas that require the extra care would really determine if I was concerned or not.

18. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Thank you oh2o, some people just want to hate

19. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Given that these are the most expensive Jeeps to-date, I would not complain about extended Quality Control testing, personally. The Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer will probably go through the same sorts of processes.

Hell, my Dart had extended testing done too, apparently, and I was very happy with it until the day it died. (Even with the dead-pedal thing that happened twice.)

20. Planefixer

Planefixer Member

Well I have evidence to the contrary directly from an inspector on the line.

My old one is still in JS.
    Some units had been stuck and still are since build day one.

It makes me feel good high end vehicles get QC for a extended time. What does that tell me about the regular vehicles....
    Until someone higher in the chain can tell me different than my connection who has touched and QC d my vehicle..then I'll believe what you say...