Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trailer towing options

Discussion in 'F-J-M: Volare, Diplomat, etc, 1977-89' started by Mikkel, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Mikkel

Mikkel Member

hello, jeg live in Denmark, i have a chrysler (plymouth volaré) i like too here you if you have a paper whit a trailer hitch option for my car it a 318 v8 year 79,
    A pic how it looks
    A link too find it
    Somthing please

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. If Mopar offered a trailer hitch for the Aspen/Volare F-body 37 years ago, I have no Mopar accessory catalog listing for it. It would be long discontinued.
    I think that we sent our new car customer-requests out to shops that specialized in trailer hitch installations and accessories. I think that customers were encouraged to get a hitch installed on their own as personal requirements and tow duties were so varied.
    I see no listings on Google from the major trailer hitch manufacturers for something this old. There are some listings for Dodge trucks and FWD Chryslers from the 1980's, but no F-bodies.
    Perhaps the M-body used the same dimensions in the rear as the F-body? I found this for a 1987 Diplomat:
    U-Haul: Hitch for 1987 Dodge Diplomat Rear Wheel Drive
    I remember having to remove hitches for fuel tank or exhaust service. A welded-in hitch was a problem.
    Custom made hitches may cost a little more and shipping a distance would also be costly. I don't know if a 'universal' trailer hitch is an option. Best of luck to you.