AF: Trans Am 2020 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Am 2020

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Mr.Source, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:17 PM.

1. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

This new season is about to start, watch those Challengers at Sebring by the end of the month, last weekend..
    For sure it will be very competitive, hope we will win again.

Tony K and danbek like this.
  2. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

will be watching!

danbek and Mr.Source like this.
  3. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

You will love them

danbek likes this.
  4. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

I may just go, if I can get a ticket. I just got an invite to the Keys for that week before. I see Adam Andretti is running a Challenger, No. 43 :cool:

danbek and Mr.Source like this.
  5. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I wish the Trans-Am series returns to be more related to the production cars similar to the series from the 60's-70's.

6. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

All the _GT classes certainly do.

TA2s are purpose built, but the bodies are built and not just "sticker" COT type bodies. Howe Racing makes the TA2 Challenger body.

TA (per Trans Am - America's Road Racing Series (at http://gotransam.com/transam101/TA-Class/59343 ))

Performance:
    TA cars are capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in under 3.10 seconds, 0 to 140 in under 11.5 and posting . mile times of under 10.8 seconds at over 136 mph. Likewise, they can hit over 190 mph on an extended straight, while breaking capability is 70 to 0 mph in less than 130 feet.

Bodies: Cars must maintain the recognizable external features of the manufacturer’s model while providing the necessary flares for racing slicks. The body is made of composites, including carbon fiber, Kevlar and fiberglass. Multiple bodies are allowed in the TA class but some headliners are the 5th gen Ford Mustang, the C5 and C6 Chevrolet Corvette, with a C7 upcoming, and the Jaguar XKR.

Wheelbase: Standard wheelbase is 102 to 110 inches, depending on model. The maximum overall car width is 80 inches.

Spoilers/Ground Effects: Front and rear spoilers are allowed, but ground-effects are not.

Engine: TA cars are powered by a 358 cubic inch, carbureted, overhead valve, naturally aspirated, V-8 engine. Engines produce well over 850 horsepower and run over a thousand miles before a rebuild.

Suspension: Cars use a coil-over front and rear suspension with a live-axle rear end. Active suspension, telemetry, traction control and ABS brakes are not permitted.