AF: TRX Teaser | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRX Teaser

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Devildodge, Jun 25, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

2. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

If a viper went into limp mode I'd have very serious questions because it's not turbo or supercharged. Also, the raptor is fully-boxed, it's almost as if you're the first to market for something like this there's gonna be issues. Ram had time to really figure out what the issues the raptor had when it first came out to mitigate any issues they could possibly have. They shouldn't have any major frame bending issues but there probably will eb from some idiots that send it hardcore. These are the type of "accidents" people had when bending things, no one is gonna be able to prevent it all

3. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does every video they feature seem to be able to play up any Ford product over anything else?

They seem to be nearly as bad as Scotty Kilmer.

4. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

They are not Ford [person who likes a particular brand]s... in fact they were recently banned from future Ford events like the Bronco launch etc as I recall.

finc.jb likes this.
  5. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Agreed. If anything, they are big FCA fans. They love their Jeeps and Rams.

valiant67, finc.jb, suzq044 and 6 others like this.
  6. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

I unsubscribed because of the s**t they were talking about the Rubicon, thought it was busch league stuff. However, they have, in the past, been quite flattering about Jeep, Ram and Hellcats. Still, this Bronco hysteria has annoyed the crap out of me. Too many outlets are amateurs.

7. dakrt99

Where did you read that? Link?

8. dakrt99

The salt will flow, like rivers. Wait until Ford puts the GT500 engine it the Raptor, then things will flip.

HotCarNut likes this.
  9. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Just built a TRX on the configurator the way I’d want it. Just a shade under $93k. I think I’m in love...and need to wait a couple of years to find a used one...

sickboy and wilbur like this.
  10. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Dear Santa,

i will take a silver Trx please!!!

thanks
    Wil
    Ps I have been a real good boy this year.... honest... well most of the time...

ShawnP and HotCarNut like this.
  11. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

The only complaining I'm really seeing is from those that think it should be the second coming of the SRT-Ram. So.. I did that in about a half hour last night.. dropped it to the ground, gave it a wing instead of a lightbar, and gave the second one a 2-door cab.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

nitroram33, HotCarNut, danbek and 9 others like this.
  12. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

Well, I started following Scotty on YouTube because I bought a beater Lexus.

13. Mopar392

And will will still have the Redeye option to up the ante again

MoparMantis likes this.
  14. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

Another High Price niche vehicle. It's all fine and dandy but I would be way more impressed with some vehicles the masses could actually buy from Dodge and Chrysler instead. It's not even as good looking as the regular Rebel IMO. Since it is a performance vehicle they should have put HUGE Dodge emblems on the quarter panels. Dodge is the Performance Division not Ram

15. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

The TRX has premiered.

I am excited, as it will draw in buyers for the selected segment it is in. But for most people, this isn't something they will buy. This is just ego stroking more or less for Ram. Maybe they should have had a Dakota product years ago instead of this. But don't get me wrong, I think it's cool to have a Raptor competitor, just not sure if it was needed before other products.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

It needs a lower lower investment to develop and build a low volume "special" vehicle than develop and punt in production lower cost vehicle in relatively large numbers.
    Part of investment is also re-paid by media coverage that indirectly goes to the brand overall.

Example: Ferrari LaFerrari, total vehicles sold 499 (total production limited to 500, 499 sold + 1 for Ferrari).
    Price was about USD 1.4 - 1.5 million, so total revenues of the project (excluded customizations) were about USD 700 - 750 millions.
    Project cost were lower since Ferrari makes profits and there is the part for dealers, sell cost, ....

#57 MJAB, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    T_690 likes this.
  17. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Question...

Not looking at price, which one would you choose:

Ram TRX or Gladiator 392 (IF they build it)

Basically, you are at your dealer and you can only have one. If you can afford both, I am available to adopt... :D

Wil

tlc likes this.
  18. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

TRX, and it isn’t close.

19. Mopar392