NewsDemon chillin’ the intercooler • This really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tune up for 01 Sebring Coupe

Discussion in 'Outside North America' started by Sir Moses Wellington, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Sir Moses Wellington

Sir Moses Wellington Active Member

Okay, so i'm getting near the 120,000 mile mark (just changed my oil at 114,000-ish miles) on my 01 automatic with the V6. I don't know what all has been done with the vehicle in terms of maintenance other than oil changes. Based on how the oil always comes out smoothly and is never that bad I'm guessing the previous owners managed to change the oil fairly regularly and has little to no sludge build up.

I was wondering what all I should do in terms of a tune up. I was thinking the timing chain should probably be changed, even though the 3.0L isn't an interference motor (at least my research says so). At the same time, water pump might as well be changed up. Flush the radiator if I can, it's a good idea since I live in the northeast...it's rather humid up here most of the year and rust is a bit of an issue with cars that sit. Last I checked the spark plugs they didn't look too bad, but I think I'm going to be changing the spark plugs as well as the distributor rotor and spark plug wires (I didn't know it was a distributor run motor till I looked more closely and noticed there really aren't any coil packs on the spark plugs and looked it up online as well to confirm).

I heard someone saying that at the kind of milage it may be a good idea to change the valve cover gaskets, should I do so? As well as what I'm planning on doing what else do you guys think I should do in terms of changing out stuff? I'll probably try and change my fuel filter (never a bad idea) as well, shouldn't be pricy to change either.

I'm just asking what all I should do since I honestly don't know all that much about newer vehicles, as well as that I do know that getting that whole intake unit for the 3.0L isn't exactly quick and easy and would know what all I should do maintenance wise while I have it off and can get to everything easier.

Does the Sebring have a filter on the AC? I don't know if mine does or not, I've never bothered looking into it. Thanks in advance.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

There is a scheduled maintenance list in the owners manual. A 105,000 mile service would include the timing belt and spark plugs. You would want to replace the water pump and idler pulley at this time, followed by a flush.
    The plug wires may have a date ptrinted on them. Certainly change them if they are old.
    There was a spark plug heat range change (to NGK PFR5G-11 or Champion RC10PYP4) and a PCM software flash addressed in TSB # 18-030-05. I felt that the cars ran much better afterwards (if this hasn't already been done). You can usually save the upper intake manifold gasket for re-use.
    A transaxle filter and fluid would be worth doing if it hasn't been done recently.
    There really is no service for the fuel filter and it isn't mentioned in the maintenance schedule at all. If you aren't experiencing any fuel system issues, I would add a bottle of Techron and leave it be.