Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U connect problems

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by Bobr69, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Bobr69

Bobr69 New Member

Hello fellow Mopar owners - I recently bought my 1st Challenger a 2013 R/T and I love it what a car! But there is a problem ....when I tell it to call my wife using her name and speaking plain english it wants to call anyone but lol I've tried saying name plus mobile I've tried announciating differently I've even tried using middle - maiden - nick names ? I say call April it wants to call Tim? Tried soft reset still doesnt work any suggestions

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

3. johnb300m

johnb300m Gearhead

I've been having issues for a long while now with my Uconnect in my 2012 RT Charger.
    It will not recognize anybody's name in my phone to call, using voice command. I can say phone numbers and that works, but no names.
    I also have a heck of a time hooking up my iphone to it to play music. Especially if I want to use Pandora. It cuts out and keeps returning to the iPod app.
    I have an iPhone 6S, and it's been a pain ever since.

Dealer looked at it. Updated everything. Wiped the memory.
    I even sat in the car for an hour with a service manager, pairing and unpairing our phones.
    Here's the crazy thing.....when I would say to call a contact in my phone, it kept trying to call, BY NAME, a contact in the service manager's phone....even though his phone was unpaired!
    He was totally flummoxed, and said that this was deeper than any Chrysler support they've gotten on Uconnect thus far.

I'm at a loss. I just gave up using half of the Uconnect system :/
    Not sure what else to do.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. There is a TSB 08-055-17A released just a few days ago. Do any of these fit your concerns?:
    • **HFM does not boot properly. Hands-Free Module Loading displayed on the head unit.**

• The HFM is inoperative and unresponsive to all user input.

• The HFM is unresponsive and appears off the bus to wiTECH.

• Inaccurate foreign language translations.

• Voice Recognition (VR) is sluggish after changing the language.

• IPhone 4 starts auto recording itself.

• Background noise from Automated Speech Recognition.

• When in Bluetooth Streaming Audio (BTSA) mode, the display will show “Music paused

connecting phone” while a song is being played and without an incoming call. Wrong

BTSA screen when deleting.

• When in Text To Speech (TTS), it will be a mix of the TTS and recording.

• IPod touch, BTSA will not Audio Stream.

• Integrated center stack screen will display “music paused” after ignition was cycled and BTSA

was being used before the ignition was turned off.

• Automatic Sound Recognition (ASR) Microphone picking up background noise.

• With Sales code RSQ, when the language is set for Italian and after the ignition is cycled, the

phone screens will change to English.

• No response from the VR button on the steering wheel.

• Not being able to enter into the phone screen on the radio.

The following software enhancement is included:
      • VR Teleprompter enhancement.

Is the iPhone 6S listed as a compatible phone for the Connect used in the Charger? If not, that could be an issue.
      If it continues to be a problem, gather your documents on the attempted repairs and ask the service manager when the next time is that the district service manager visits the dealership. You may have to leave the car for that day so that he or she can look into the concern.
      While it is there have them update all modules that have updates released to improve them.

johnb300m likes this.
  5. johnb300m

johnb300m Gearhead

I'm not really sure that addresses anything I'm exactly experiencing, but it can't hurt to update!
    Thanks for the tip.
    Next time I'm in for oil soon, I'll bring it up, and maybe try to escalate this with a branch manager as you said.