Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U Connect update crashes backup camera.

Discussion in 'Cherokee, Liberty, Nitro' started by Tecqboy, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Tecqboy

Tecqboy Member

I just got ( 5 July 17 ) the over the air update to my 2014 for the U Connect 8.4. It was working fine before the update, but now the backup camera is hosed. The screen for the camera is washed out; i.e. the brightness is too high and the contrast is too low; can't make out much. Called U connect help and of course they haven't heard of this issue before. So, the question is...Is there a setting in a hidden menu somewhere to adjust the screen parameters? I know how to get to dealer mode. I really don't care much for the new screens look either, but I guess I didn't like the original much, but got used to it. I haven't had good luck at the dealer with tech issues in the past and I doubt they know anything about how to solve this. When these things happen, I refuse to accept that I'm the "only one".

2. Tecqboy

Tecqboy Member

I felt pragmatic today, so I took a chance and went into "dealer mode" and did a reset to factory defaults. After a reboot, the camera screen is now working as it should. Whee! Saved a trip to the Jeep store and the accompanying hassle; excecpt for re-programing all the soft buttons.

Crawdaddy, ImperialCrown and Doug D like this.