Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK owner - repairs needed front end damage

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by Strutter, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Strutter

Strutter New Member

Hi all

I apologise in advance, i am not very good in forums and i dont know my way around them very well.

I am from the UK and purchased a 2nd hand 2013 Dodge Challenger RT. All was well until i took the vinyl wrap off and found damage to the front wings.
    A deep dive has found that it was involved in a front end collision while in the US but was not declared to the 1st owner in the UK.
    It has had a Salvage Reissue certificate, but the work is absolutely shocking. Things are leaking, loose, the steering rack creaks and one of the engine mount bolts is undone!!

My local mechanic will take the work on, but he has asked me for the following, and i wondered if you kind people could help me.
    1. Parts diagram
    2. Chassis suspension dimensions

He has also asked what type of metal the chassis leg is made from as this depends on wether it can be repaired, or if a new one is required.

I will need to purchase new parts as well, and i know not all places will ship to the UK.

Any advice, help will be very greatfully appreciated. I just want to drive my lovely Challenger and know its safe!!

You are welcome to e-mail me : taskew2007@gmail.com if it is easier?

Thank you all so much.

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. You can look up parts on the internet and get recent part numbers. It is good reference, but you will still want to contact an agency for any superseded numbers, price and availability:
    OEM 2013 Dodge Challenger Body Parts Online | Factory Chrysler Parts (at http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/cars/Dodge/2013/Challenger/Body/Challenger-parts.html )
    As for a service and collision information, you may want to purchase a CD. Tech Authority is the factory website for service information:
    Buy Mopar Approved Service Information (at https://www.techauthority.com )
    The collision info should tell you what structures can be heated and bent back. They usually do prefer replacement of structural parts for original strength and safety. A lot of high-strength steel is used for the structure.
    Best of luck to you.

3. Strutter

Strutter New Member

You are amazing Sir.
    Thank you very very much indeed.