Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under hood LED lighting?

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by redriderbob, Jun 15, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Has anyone installed under the hood lights in their L-Series car? I am looking for options. What did you guys/gals use? How did you connect to a power supply?

2. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

I never, but I was tempted to do yellow under hood. There's lots of options on fleabay, with LED flexible strips and lengths, any colour you want and decent pricing. If I were going to do it, I think I'd run one under the cowl and the length of it and another under the rad top support. That should light up the engine bay pretty good and hide the source. Some people use door jam switches or car alarm post switches for activation when they raise the hood. Only a couple of bucks on fleabay. And for power, the fuse box is right there.

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I just ran a strip of RGB LEDs behind the engine, they are battery powered and have a remote with multiple settings.

MPE426HEMI likes this.