Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unveiling Fiat's roadmap 2018-2022

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by Deckard_Cain, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

2. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

So, Fiat, Chrysler, Alfa, Jeep and Dodge will have CUVs........interesting to see what showrooms get what in each country.

3. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Already posted by me in another thread.

Some of that sounds very viable. Something don't.

IMO, Mercosur-EU FTA could be huge for Fiat brand. Something could go in one direction and something in the other.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  4. Deckard_Cain

Supposedly Brasil was going to get a new Uno in 2020 but it's missing from this roadmap.

5. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

Looks like a plan for Europe. The Strada from Brasil is only included because it will be imported. 2020 is okay for Panda and 500 because Panda is from 2012 and 500 got that facelift which keeps it a top-seller in Europe. If it's the real plan at all.

6. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Very logical thinking with 30% tariff. :rolleyes:

jimboy likes this.
  7. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

What do I know? The older Stradas until 2009 (?) were sold in Europe. If the plan was about all worldwide Fiats, a lot would be missing.

8. v.b.

v.b. Active Member

The D-CUV could be the same Dodge planned to be build in Italy. RWD, 2 liter Turbo... I would be VERY interested.

v

9. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

The last word was that the Dodge was a restyled Stelvio. It would be interesting if they make a Fiat version as well.

10. eggwhite93

eggwhite93 Impatiently waiting for new product.
    Level 2 Supporter

You and me both but Q2 2022 is a very long time from now.

11. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

Restyling won't get the price down to what Dodge could charge, and certainly not what FIAT would like to. While Dodge's SUV will probably be Giorgio-derived, I don't think FIAT's will.

I think the FIAT D-CUV is a badge-engineering exercise on whatever the replacement for Journey is, and I expect that car to have a Chrysler badge in the USA. My bet is CUSW-based, so FWD-AWD with a transverse engine layout.

ScramFan likes this.
  12. jorisr

jorisr Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if there would ever be a giorgio based Fiat as it does not make any sense for the brand.
    There have been rumors of a SUV version of the Fiat Toro and would be close in dimensions to the current Fiat Freemont, also a D-SUV.
    There are also well known plans for a low cost SUV based on the Fiat Argo/Cronos. That would have B-SUV dimensions maybe they will add a european version of that project.

I'm not aware of any projects for a C - SUV for Fiat. Maybe it is connected to the new Strada project.
    I would think a Compass companion Fiat SUV being priced above the 500X would mean a price above the price most people would be willing to pay for a Fiat of that size. The 500X sells well but it relies very much on the Italian market luckily the B segment is relatively huge in Italy. The C - segment unfortunately is much smaller there. For a C - segment vehicle they only have a chance for succes if it has a very strong value proposition. Same thing goes for a Fiat D-segment vehicle but even more so

ScramFan likes this.
  13. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Exactly.

Actually I have two ideas.

One is original CUSW or improved CUSW . I'm still wondering if K8 is technically more derived to Cherokee or Pacifica. Which one is on higher evolutionary step. Which one can offer lower weight.
    Importing a ca under a Fiat brand into Europe does not make sense. But one to Canda will make sense starting in 2021.

The other one is 7 seat model on Small Wide platform. Production capacities exist in Mexico, Italy/EU, Brasil... Important is that there will be no tariff in any direction in the near future.

14. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

On a side-note: The implications of last year's EU-Canada trade deal is something that I don't think has sunk in elsewhere on this forum - it puts products made in Brampton/Windsor at a distinct advantage over US production for international sales. The current use of those facilities for very NAFTA-centric product (the L-cars and minivans) will surely change in future.

15. Deckard_Cain

I actually hadn't thought about that as well...

16. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Especially if the US nixes Nafta, as Trump is threatening to do. Canada and Mexico will surely look elsewhere for opportunity.

17. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

When I read the news, I must admit I was surprised by the irony of it. The most exportable vehicles are Jeeps right now, and even Rams are probably more useful for export than Pacificas and L-cars.

18. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

It may not make sense to FCA's vision for Fiat, but I think a G-based Fiat could be a modern day Dino.

19. Morty

Morty Active Member

Nice thinking, but remember in the days of the Dino, Fiat's range spanned virtually everything, from the humble 500 to the exclusive 130.
    Me thinks better leave that to Alfa.;)

M.O.D. and AlfaCuda like this.
  20. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

... Also, in the days of the Dino, FIAT and Alfa Romeo were competitors.

jorisr and T_690 like this.