AF: UPDATE: CHRYSLER IS GIVING AWAY CARS. | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPDATE: CHRYSLER IS GIVING AWAY CARS.

Discussion in 'Rumors and General Chrysler Discussion' started by voiceofstl, Mar 20, 2020.

1. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

In St. Louis I checked out my local dealer online and I found this.....

Internet Special! 300 Touring
    DON'T PAY MSRP
    $30,715
    POTENTIAL SAVINGS
    $13,877
    ALL STAR PRICE[​IMG]
    $16,838
    [​IMG]Sign Up For Price Drop Alerts
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WOW you can get a new 300 under 17 grand. This has to be the greatest deal of all time!!
    Why would anyone spend 27 grand for a stripped down accord or canry?

2. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Because they don't want their car at the stealership for repairs that shouldn't happen.

3. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

I’ve bought mopar for 40 years, have not had a bad one yet.

wolfsblood07, DC-93, djsamuel and 8 others like this.
  4. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

I've bought them for 15 and had issues with em all.

5. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

All manufacturers products have issues... all of them... However, most just don't treat you like crap or try to get out of warranty work.

6. eigib56

eigib56 Well-Known Member

Why, then, did you continue buying them?

joewho, jerseyjoe, Tony K and 6 others like this.
  7. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Correct, but not a lot of them continue to have the same problems for many many years, add new problems before fixing the old and then further lower build quality on top of that. All while marketing your cars more toward luxury and raising the prices.

I have always been a sucker for larger engines for the same price as the little jap cars but those times are just about over. Took long enough. Quality is more important than power or displacement to me now.

8. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Over 40years and dozens of mopars 3have been in for warranty work, a new dodge Aspen,bad brain box,,,the Spirit RT with Turbo and cam belt issues, and a Patriot with an electric glitch. I question why some people have all the problems. Hope you do better with your Asian cars.

danbek and brewdad like this.
  9. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

I sometimes wonder if I'm just might be some kind of odd ball. Mopars just have always worked really well for me. I drove a 1996 Plymouth Neon for 15 years, 204,000 miles. It was like new when I sold it. I take good care. I never could have gotten a 1996 Honda Civic that far and that long for so little money. Two regularly scheduled 100,000 mile timing belt changes kept $600 in my pocket.

10. twankowski

twankowski Active Member

No...you can't. This is a case of "potential savings" to get suckers in the door. All possible rebates are stacked (and nobody generally qualifies for all of them, nor are all of them able to be combined) and "Vehicle pricing includes up to $2,000 in Dealer Trade Assistance."

When I was wheeling and dealing Chrysler-Plymouth-Jeep-Eagle in the early and mid-90s, our owner and manager pulled the same crap, running ads in the Sunday paper for the mythical $5,999.00 Sundances and $7,999.00 Wranglers. Never existed...except perhaps for the Chrysler employee purchase plan ("green sheet") buyer who was a military veteran, recent college graduate, and got $1,000 bonus cash for automobility equipment while trading in his rusty-but-trusty 1987 Omni, for which we absolutely, positively guaranteed $3,000.00 in trade value*

* - not an actual guarantee

11. 82cordoba

82cordoba Member

I'm the same way. Never had any major problems with any of our Mopars. Between my dad, my brother, and I we currently have everything from a 67 Charger to a 2015 Dart. I've owned dozens of Mopars. Never had a bad transmission. My trucks dont eat front end parts. My 2011 Ram Cummins just hit 220k miles. I replaced the first wheel bearing at 210k and the other side was done at 218k. Other than brakes tires and oil changes I've never had to do anything to the truck. Zero problems at all with the Dart or our 2014 Journey. Maybe we've just been lucky over the decades.

tabutler, Ernesto, cdjr77 and 4 others like this.
  12. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Exactly right. As a general rule, dealerships who stack conditional incentives and display impossible prices should be avoided.

Tony K, aldo90731, Zagnut27 and 2 others like this.
  13. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

I might add: Every time I did scheduled maintenance on the Neon, I would call Greg May Honda and get prices for the same services on a '96 Civic.

A new fender for the Civic cost 2 times the Neon fender. During the mortgage period on the Neon, I paid cheaper full coverage insurance premiums.

The Civic got a bit better mileage and felt a bit better than the Neon. The Neon blew the doors off the Civic. I'm like Verizon and the International Beef Producers. I'm a cost of ownership guy.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  14. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Maybe its you... :D

joewho, Tony K, jclick and 2 others like this.
  15. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

You may get it for $25000 , the rest are probably like if you know someone who was in the army in 1945 take another $500 off . They always have these obscure rebates that no one qualifies for .

tomit likes this.
  16. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

That sounds like a one-pay lease. A good deal for someone who understands it. But not what most people expect reading that description.

Dave Z likes this.
  17. 1999 White C5 Coupe

1999 White C5 Coupe Well-Known Member

Your headline states, “Chrysler is giving away cars” - but the post states a new 300 is under 17 grand. Which is correct?

18. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

You got me. I should've added "almost"

DC-93 and 1999 White C5 Coupe like this.
  19. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

A lot of it goes down to driving habits. I take good care of my cars, but I end up replacing stuff a lot more often than other folks...

my friend has a Toyota 4Runner, with 200,000 miles. It has the original battery, brakes pads, disks, belts, shocks, etc.

I have yet to have a single car where the brake pads lasted longer than about 40-45l miles. My batteries wet out at about three to five years. I leaned the hard way to replace timing belt before 6yr/60k.

I am just brutal on equipment. My wife’s Kia is over ten years old and the only thing that’s been replaced is the timing belt (pro-actively, NOT taking chances there), the battery (it broke, twice), the wiper blades (annually), and all outside lights (every two years). She is soft as a kitten on her stuff.