Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V10 RAM getting some due rest and rectification of Pennsylvania abuse.

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, commercial trucks' started by Devildodge, May 23, 2016.

1. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

No, this truck has true dual exhaust and only has upstream O2 sensors on each bank.

Spent the money, and took the time last night, to replace the plugs and O2 sensors. Everything went well, except I was remiss in grabbing plug wires, and of course pulled the ends out of 3.

Got the wires and an air filter and got them on in the dark, always up for a challenge.

Well, 200 bucks later I got a rip snorting Magnum ready to do battle with the Hills of Pennsylvania this weekend .

Much better than a truck payment and should be good for a few years.

Now if battling rust was that easy.

Can't wait to head Down to All Truck Nationals for 100 years of Dodge trucks.

There are some very steep passes and can't wait to really test all 450 lb ft. pulling our travel trailer to camp.

Now....about that rust...

somber likes this.
  2. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Oh man All truck Nats... I wish ... please post pics of that...

Devildodge likes this.
  3. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I will, or atleast a link to someone who has a better Camera than me.

My son is all excited. RAMINATOR will be in display, and all the other Mopar trucks for the past 100 years, but he is looking forward to seeing Optimus Prime.

We sure do love Carlilse.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  4. Shane Estabrooks

:( I wanna go toooo..:D

5. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Returned safely from camping and Truck Nationals.

Man the difference was night and day towing with the new goodies.

Followed the Mecum Auction trucks back towards home. They were my drafting partners.

9.3 mile to the gallon avg on the tow. That was so impressive as the truck had only gotten 7.4 as a daily during the great fuel debacle I had on going for a few years.

Had one heck of a storm on the ride down. Truck towed straight and true even in the damaging winds and hail and darkness at 7 pm.

Did have the sphincter Pucker a few times on some over passes though.

I just don't know how people feel safe towing their larger travel trailers with explorers and such. Guess it must be the newer style vehicles and trailers, cause man I just don't get it.

Good time was had by all, but spent too much time in the Vanorama so didn't get many pictures except of Optimus Prime and Raminator.

6. pt006

pt006 Active Member

Glad you enjoyed the trip. Your mileage was good considering the wind resistance of the trailer. And the weight of the beast you're driving.

Devildodge likes this.
  7. Shane Estabrooks

you said something about pictures............ :D

Devildodge likes this.
  8. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I was very impressed. 189000 miles on the Ole girl. She loves to pull almost as much as she loves meandering through the wilderness.

9. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I did
    ...unfortunately I only got Optimus Prime, Raminator and some custom vans.

I will find some links though. I have to be honest we didn't even make it through the whole place. Too much to see and the kids were interested in alot of it so had to explain and tell stories.

Good times

10. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Check in the Meets and Show section. Posted the link. Only 362 more days

11. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Truck is in for annual inspection today. Hope the body will pass once more, and there isn't anything I missed giving it the once over in the driveway.

Heading camping tomorrow. Just a short pull up into the hills. Can't wait to get away from adult life for the weekend.

12. Shane Estabrooks

just did that .. was awesome.. just finished eating a feed of pickerel .pan fried butter, salt and pepper... yum enjoy your time out eh!

Devildodge likes this.
  13. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

That sounds good. Truck passed inspection so tomorrow about 5 camper will be hooked up and away we go.

14. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Made a few more camping trips. Got one for this weekend. Truck still runs great. It is such a joy to pull the camper and set up and enjoy the outdoors. Although, I don't want to leave getting to pull with the Ole girl makes it a little easier to.
    Got the 2003 Hemi inspected and ready to work...Got to do a few things yet though before she is ready to redeem herself in the line to pull the camper...I just like rowing my own gears.