AF: Valiant 1960 Clutch size ? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valiant 1960 Clutch size ?

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by Erik_CZ, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Erik_CZ

Erik_CZ New Member

Hallo,

I want to replace clutch in my Valiant 1960 with 170 engine, but I do not know what clutch Size (9-1/4, 10 ..) I need to order. Thanks for your help.

Erik

#1 Erik_CZ, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019
  2. dana44

Ad-Free Member

I looked at Rockauto and it lists both 9.25 and 10 inch for your Valiant. Now, in my opinion, which can be taken with a grain of salt, would assume it is the 9.25 inch being in a car if she has the three speed shifter and 10 inch if it were in a truck or four speed transmission option. I guess the best way to tell would be to remove the clutch and pressure plate first just to make sure. Sorry, best I can do to help.

Erik_CZ likes this.
  3. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The online 1960 passenger car parts catalog at MyMopar only covers the standard Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler and Imperial models, not the Valiant and Lancer. The 6-cyl mentioned is the old flathead, not the slant-6. Valiant was its own division in 1960.
    The 1961 catalog does mention the Valiant/Lancer and a 9 1/8" clutch disc for the base V-L.
    Is yours the V-100 model? Find a cross-reference listing.

4. Erik_CZ

Erik_CZ New Member

yes, I have base V-100 model. I think the smaller 9.25 inch cluth would fit.