Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas updates

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Moparian, Aug 25, 2015.

1. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Track Hawk rockets: fast and non exploding

2. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

Now we're talking. This Dart will sell, I believe. A 300HP Dart with manual trans sounds like my dream car - I hope they offer MTX. If it's 12 to 24 months from being on dealer lots, how long before we get to see a picture of one, I wonder?

XRT2SRT, UN4GTBL, PCRMike and 2 others like this.
  3. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I wonder if i'll be able to guess correctly on the new styling, like I did the 1st round. lol -- we'll see I suppose. o_O

Working on the Charger in photoshop as I type this. It's tough to figure out what they mean by more like the 99 R/T -- that thing was tiny, and very Avenger/Intrepid in styling.

HotCarNut and somber like this.
  4. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

I think my source might have been confused on that bit. He said it was much sleeker than the current car. All of the Chryslers look like bigger 200s.

UN4GTBL and Prabhjot like this.
  5. MoparMantis

MoparMantis Well-Known Member

Wow. I was just hoping the Wagoneer would be confirmed. Not all of this. Several things have my attention. 2018 Ram, Chrysler suv, and Wagoneer top the list.
    Cool, but I'll probably never own list include Track Hawk, SRT Durango, Cuda, Dart (300 hp), and Charger update.
    This ended the day with a good note.

6. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

As stated in the other trhead, I am disappointed not to see a DSRT, truly, but bringing it with 300hp/AWD, in any trim, is insane. I would have loved to see a world beating DSRT, even at $35-40k. However, seeing a $25,000 ripper is just too much. That is awesome.

Take THAT, Focus RS!!!

/golfclap/

Well done, Dodge.

#26 Muther, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    UN4GTBL, PCRMike, dakota21 and 3 others like this.
  7. suzq044

Oh, ok, also that is kinda' lame that all the Chryslers look the same, I get it with the brand identity thing, but there is a such thing as too much. e.O

I just dont think that face will look right in every scale. That said, I'm still gonna mess with it.

wtxiceman, ScottB, HotCarNut and 2 others like this.
  8. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

So stoked. Pretty much every model in the Dodge lineup will be a high performance vehicle. Pontiac never had that.

XRT2SRT, PCRMike and suzq044 like this.
  9. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

The Fenders are pretty 'Hard Chine' * on the 99 R/T, but the roundish flow from hood/bonnet to the front bumper is pretty darned rounded.

* - strong crease.

suzq044 likes this.
  10. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

This is truly awesome news. The BEST news in a long time. Excited to hear that we all have much to look forward to.

Morty, crmarczak, danbek and 2 others like this.
  11. MoparMan

MoparMan Viper powered

Any word on the future of the Viper?

wilbur likes this.
  12. jeepguy1123

jeepguy1123 Member

Hey guys I was in attendance I can answer questions one thing no one is mentioning is the challenger ADR with a hellcat engine that will have greater than 707hp from factory.

The charger actually looks a lot like a 4 door camaro. the roof line is very swooping and many people commented on how they didn't know how there would be room in the back seats for taller people. The tail lamps were recessed like current challenger headlamps... Many people commented on that as well.

I am pretty sure the Chrysler suv is same size as Durango. You couldn't go in it but it had the same exact interior as current Durango you could see through the windows.

The town and country has the same swipe your foot under the hatch feature as the Ford Escape but it is also on the side doors.

The plug in hybrid will not have stow and go. They also mentioned the Chrysler cuv will have a plug in hybrid version.

The ram was just a rendering not an actual vehicle so it's hard to tell what it's really going to look like.

The wrangler was bad [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms].

UN4GTBL, GasAxe, Willem85 and 10 others like this.
  13. RVC

RVC Active Member

Giorgio is, of course, already US compliant ;) but I like Gus, Giorgio's cousin! Gus will probably be more muscular than its euro brethren, sporting a sleek figure, be lower to the ground than the current Dodge crop, and have a new ~500hp TT Pentastar V6. That Gus could be a pretty cool guy.

Re the sub-compact Jeep, I could deal with a 2-dr Renegade type thing like the Japanese do for their SUVs and like LR is fixing to do, but a Panda-sized Jeep is nonsense. Jeep has already spent money on the 4x4 wide platform formtge renegade and compass, that's what they would be going with.

14. crmarczak

crmarczak Active Member

Very interested to hear about subcompact Jeep, GW, and 30mpg Wrangler

15. Willem85

Willem85 Member

The score today: Sergio 1, the Doubters 0.

16. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

If true, there's a Dart in my future...

suzq044 likes this.
  17. suzq044

Believe it or not, this is highly modified. I messed with everything from the a-pillar to the .. shoulder line, the hood, wheelbase, and obviously, stance & front end. Though that is probably the least modified. (I used Ghibli as a basis for the stance it has; 99R/T gives the shoulder-line & hood vent)
    [​IMG]

#37 suzq044, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  18. suzq044

#38 suzq044, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    BASONE88 likes this.
  19. Mallard

Mallard Active Member

Plaid.

20. If true, sounds like a promising line up. I didn't see the Chrysler 100 mentioned. Wonder why that wasn't shown? Wrangler that gets 30 mpg, now that's impressive.

UN4GTBL, ScottB and HotCarNut like this.