Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas updates

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Moparian, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

I've had a few 15 minutes through the years. It's fun. :)

And no kidding on people ignoring the qualifier. I was copy/pasting messages I got during the breaks at the dealer show, so I put in BOLD and UNDERLINED to ignore spelling errors caused by autocorrect.....AND I get a bunch of people telling me "You don't even know how to spell the names of the cars! IDIOT!!".

HA! Gotta love the internet.

wilbur, suzq044, GasAxe and 1 other person like this.
  2. xjgary

xjgary Well-Known Member

Like Wrangler jeans and Wrangler Jeeps? I was always surprised Jeep got away with that one.

3. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Yes. If the clothing company thought that there could be any kind of consumer confusion, they could have filed a claim saying so.

(That said, that could be a good marketing idea - just like the old "Levis" edition AMCs - offer a Wrangler-edition Wrangler.)

HotCarNut likes this.
  4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Putting all of the ones I've done so far right here. I have almost zero info to work with, so..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UN4GTBL, GasAxe, danbek and 12 others like this.
  5. dodgeatheart

dodgeatheart Not THAT guy again!

I'm liking the Aspen concept. Honestly, I picture the next T&C looking just like that.

6. suzq044

Well, it is supposed to be a 7 seater cuv.. If you couldn't tell, I started with the grand Cherokee & widened it. Then lengthened it.. And then added the Chrysler bodywork and details. I had to draw the headlights and stuff (something I've actually never done), but I think it came out well enough.

7. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

LOVE the Aspen concept Suz!!! Could be that I'm biased since I love Chrysler and have a JGC..... ;)

danbek likes this.
  8. burtstwins

Level 2 Supporter

Great work Suz, love the free style drawing on the Aspen,
    I think they'll have to increase the tail lamps on the Wagoneer,
    But, man, I love that Wagoneer

suzq044 likes this.
  9. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

Suz,

You got the DRLs horizontal like they should be. Thanks.

suzq044 likes this.
  10. suzq044

It's mostly a side effect of trying to fit it to a shape that was slightly taller in body than the jeep. I have another one that I had done previously, basically the modernization of the wagoneer.

11. suzq044

QUESTION to those who saw charger, baring in mind the phrasing, "99 concept but better" and "corvette sedan" being used to describe it. Would it be a bad idea to look at tomahawk? (GranTurismo, not the motorcycle)

12. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

The Charger is looking good Suz. Without much info to go on, your certainly putting together a style that looks great!

The Aspen is a knockout. Perfect "mainstream" elegance. If either the Aspen or T&C look like your pics, Chrysler will be moving in a great direction.

The Wagoneer though... oh.. say it ain't so, Joe. The mesh of the squared off retro back end and the tall greenhouse make it look extremely awkward from that angle. I much prefer your previous Wagoneer pics but I'm thinking the new model will end up being just an 11/10ths version of the Grand Cherokee.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. suzq044

As I said in t the charger thread, I'm going to do another one, crossing c7 with 99concept and gran-turismo's tomahawk.

GasAxe likes this.
  14. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

If you really want to know what it looks like visit a dodge dealer and strike up a convo with the GM (they were invited)

15. Archknight

Archknight Active Member

I'm curious why there was no mention of the 100 or the Hurricane engines? It just strikes me as odd since this will most likely be the top selling model for FCA, but with the Chrysler brand having no set direction I can understand the hestitation. If Dart can be revamped in the Dodge lineup but still carry the low starting price point, maybe the 100 should ultimately be the step up version. Just equipping it better even though it would use the lighter SUSW platform can make a huge difference. Quiet and premium feeling like the 200 and 300, but with more advanced tech/features that you can't get on the Dodge. Also additional body styles since Dodge will have a subcompact in its lineup.

I know with the "C" being the top tier model, would this mean the Hurricane power plant in the 100 would be the same as the Dart GLH?? Another question of course is would they omit AWD from the Dart, so it's more in line with mainstream performance compacts and leave it to the 100 for the premium price point??

Prabhjot likes this.