Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas updates

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Moparian, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

Hey! That's my Opposite Lock post.

Suz, thanks for adding info in the comments!

Jeepnut and suzq044 like this.
  2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Oh, for heaven’s sake, we reported that ages ago...

3. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Comparing to a TBI Daytona (100 hp), not a turbo. I haven't test-driven a Dart yet (because: I want to see the refresh; I don't want to get a salesman's hopes up/waste his time a few years in advance of a sale; and no 6-speed manuals at my dealer), but reports are that the 1.4L is hopelessly bogged down before boost kicks in. They make it sound slower than a Daytona TBI. And I don't have to "launch" my Daytona to get out into traffic. I just about never go above 3000 RPM, and make all shifts below that speed. Lots of torque.

And if the 100 ever comes to fruition and looks like the graphics I've seen, forget it. It's fugly. Not the kind of vehicle shape I want or need.

And, it still comes back to the fact that my cost of driving a 33 mpg car at 87 octane is still less than a 41 mpg 91 octane car.

4. Mario9

Mario9 Active Member

I think he is referring to the report that those models were actually shown there.

pumadog likes this.
  5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Oh.

And I agree with Bob Lincoln, though these days, the key to gas mileage seems to be automatics because of their wider gearing.

freshforged likes this.
  6. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

So wouldnt it make more sense to go for the 2.0 6MT that gets 36+ MPG, runs on 87 and doesnt require any special spark plugs and oil?

UN4GTBL, Mario9 and CDJSalesPro like this.
  7. BASONE88

Supporter

1 tousend likes - to you, for coining "g-wag!":D

XRT2SRT, xjgary, Zagnut27 and 2 others like this.
  8. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

The '15 Dart GT 6 spd I test drove, I really liked. I would absolutely adore a 300HP version!!!!

Soon precious, soon!

9. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Yes, it would, but the gas mileage is still not high enough to justify replacing my car. The savings in gas would only be $150 per year from what I pay now.

The Dart needs to lose weight so that the 2.0 engine can give me 40 mpg or better.

10. TripleT

Level III Supporter

Have studied the Torque curves of the 1.4t, the 2.2 and 2.2 turbo and the 1.4 is better and flatter... the 1.4 does not seem hopelessly bogged down compared to 2.2. And if you have a manual you do have to launch it. Launch simply referring giving the proper amount of throttle to clutch engagement...... I am not trying to argue just stating the facts... go drive one. Daytona benefits from less weight from NVH and safety. But really time has moved on the DART is a far superior. Expect the 100 to look like the rest of the family but styling in subjective.... the whole point is there is a proper high mileage car.. but time is not going backwards the rattle traps and 1990 safety standards.

Dodge is not moving toward Toyota and Honda... they will be moving away. To get the model at FCA you will have to look toward the 100 or someone else. The DART achieved the government requirements and now is on the way being what it should be a performance brand. The Daytona back in the 90s felt like rocket ships with a turbo, now the same performance is pedestrian.... just time moving on. The is always Kia if you want cheap and efficient with a bit of a rattle... they most remind me of the 90s cars.

#90 TripleT, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. BASONE88

Supporter

Fiat is part of FCA, as is Dodge, Chrysler, Alfa Romeo, etc. The CAFE rules apply to the company as a whole. In other words, each brand does not have to have a 40mpg car. BIG ADVANTAGE.

12. TripleT

Level III Supporter

Only if they sell enough 500s :)

Prabhjot and valiant67 like this.
  13. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

You reported ages ago what Alfa/Fiat models were shown in Vegas and how they appeared? Please enlighten me, I didn't see anything!

14. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

And the thing is the regular 500, despite a spotty quality record in the earlier years of the US re-introduction, has turned out to be a fun car. Based on experiences of a few of my friends and my own experience, the 500 has gotten much better after the first couple of years. It's a fun car to drive as well.

danbek, Prabhjot and james.mooney. like this.
  15. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

Anyone else a little curious as to why there was no Viper mentioned?

UN4GTBL, Mr.Source and HotCarNut like this.
  16. dakota21

Supporter

Finally! :)

UN4GTBL, dakrt99 and bikeluver43 like this.
  17. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

I am surprised that there was no mention of the revised 2017 Cherokee. It probably is closer to production than some of the other cars at the preview.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

What can you say about the 300 ?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

One thing I have noted is that I do not see much excitement about the new minivan......which is a key product and more important than most of the others.

UN4GTBL and Ian like this.
  20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

We reported on the full line of Alfas. As I said before, I wasn't aware of the context that this was "Alfas shown at the event." Thanks for your sarcasm.