AF: vibration problem- 95 Plymouth Acclaim | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vibration problem- 95 Plymouth Acclaim

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by Rick Burton, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Rick Burton

Rick Burton New Member

2. Rick Burton

Rick Burton New Member

Went to center the engine today and discovered I need some more tools to get to the yoke nut due to the limited space there.
    I discovered that the yoke screw, which is supposed to tightened to 100 ft lbs was only at around 20-30. Do I fixed that.

I don't know if this is normal so forgive me, but I noticed that after giving it gas with the brake applied in gear, the drive belts kinda stopped moving for a second.

If I can't get this fixed by the time I get paid, I'll take it some where. I'll be sure to let you guys know what the problem is.

3. B10alia

B10alia Well-Known Member

The drive belts stopping moving means they're glazed and shiny on the back (or on both sides, since the 3.0 uses a serpentine belt for most of the accessories, IIRC) or out of adjustment. This isn't an immediate issue; it just means that you'll need to replace the belts reasonably soon (they may have been damaged by slipping). They'll probably start chirping eventually. Just be careful-- a broken belt can cause overheating (no water pump drive means no coolant flow) if the car isn't pulled over quickly. I would look and see if the belts skip in time with the occurrence of the vibrations and make sure they're all tight.

4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The 3.0 is a little different. The serpentine belt does not drive the water pump. The timing belt does.
    The serpentine belt tension is not adjustable - it has a mechanical tensioner and those do fail, basically they get weak or seize up when they get old.
    The serpentine belt runs the alternator and power steering, AC is provided by a separate V belt.

floridaman2013 likes this.
  5. Rick Burton

Rick Burton New Member

Well my serpentine belt is very glazed, it looks silver, it's so glazed.

I think that will be next on the agenda.
    What do I loosen to get the ac compressor belt off?
    The serpentine belt I rotate the tensioner clockwise right?