Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video of Charlotte tire test on road course to be used in 2018

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Fast Eddie, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ChargerZ

ChargerZ Member

Not sure I like that layout. The road course portion looks very narrow and the little chicanes on the oval portion seem like a bad idea. I guess we will have to wait to see where any passing zones will be

2. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

They added the chicanes on the front stretch because if not the car would have to start braking right around teh start finish line ot make the turn. And the inside road course is very slow, Kurt sin't a fan of it.

3. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

As far as I'm concerned, the more road courses, the better. Both Kurt Busch and Truex made suggestions for course changes and Nascar agreed to consider them. More testing to come before the race next year.

Dodgeguy1961 likes this.
  4. Dodgeguy1961

Dodgeguy1961 Well-Known Member

I love it. They should do the roval at Daytona once too.

5. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Love it. I agree with adding the Daytona 24hr layout as a race, too.

6. Robert J Sublett

Robert J Sublett Active Member

Its a load of bs. Hate it, two too many RCs now.

7. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I've been advocating that for years........and Talladega too. PFFfffffttt - NO RESTRICTOR PLATES!

And....real racing abilities, not just the good fortune to survive "The Big One".

8. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Road courses is what will keep nascar relevant. Ovals/cookie cutters have been killing the sport and has been proven jsut but the amount of cookie cutters they have been trying to cut from the schedule. Just look at how much better the road racing produces for teh cars. There's actual beating and banging unlike oval because the cars need to be in perfect condition to get up to teh leaders speed

Dodgeguy1961 and Beentherebefore like this.
  9. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Having worked some SCCA races there when VIR was closed, I am familiar with that road course, yes it is narrow compared to the oval, but at least as wide as the two existing road courses.

10. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

The Corvette I built the engine for used to brake at the second "O" in "Motor" with no chicane on the front straight. Yes the road course is slow, the late Jim Fitzgerald could leave the Vette there, but Dick would climb up his [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] end by the time he was on the middle of the back straight.