AF: Wagoneer delayed - change of plans, screwup, or what? | Page 20 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wagoneer delayed - change of plans, screwup, or what?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Dec 6, 2016.

1. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Hoping so, so long as they make sure it has acceptable on-road manners

2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

No. DT = Ram 1500.

freshforged likes this.
  3. MoparMantis

MoparMantis Well-Known Member

But maybe TRX Rebel in theory (completely uneducated guess). Seems possible, but that doesn't seem to be a direction they'd go with this vehicle. But it would be awesome if they did.

4. freshforged

darn--really beed to learn these body codes

5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yes. This is a new segment entry for Jeep, one where they didn't have an existing customer base to transfer to a newer version of an existing vehicle. Compass-new Compass, Renegade-Patriot (roughly), Liberty-Cherokee. But built off of the Ram platform, as you said, perhaps they don't need to sell in huge numbers...and are expected to bring in decent margin. And this will be a Jeep, which is a hot brand right now. We shall see.

Yes. I worry about execution for any new FCA product. However, this will be a Jeep and so far they haven't found a way to screw things up too badly...lol. Here's to hoping anyway! :)

I was really interested in these vehicles for a future purchase. However, now that they're going to most likely be Tahoe-sized I'm afraid they're not really what we are looking for. Something Durango-sized would've been perfect (for us)...this not so much. Oh well....

6. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Bionicrooster and freshforged like this.
  7. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Ram Rebel is a nice off road package. IMO, better than anything Jeep has other than Wrangler. Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer Trailhawk versions could be intriguing.

8. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I knew that...
    But how hard is it to do that?

9. pt006

pt006 Active Member

I'm questioning the wisdom of building a Wagoneer at this time. With the uncertainty in Washington and 'family debt' levels, where is the money coming from? Just heard on the Nightly Business Report that current household debt levels are approaching 2008 debt levels [the all time highest]. ----------- And we all know what happened next.

10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

The WS will get something of a more advanced version of the system on the current Rebel. Air ride suspension will be a huge key factor just like on Grand Cherokee for the 4X4 models and it will have lockers front and rear. Unlike Wrangler it will have an independent front suspension.

Mopar392 and oruandy like this.
  11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Well let's hope the man in the Oval Office can bring those good paying jobs back. No worries though... from the sound of it Wagoneer has been delayed once again. We will be lucky to see it in 2019, I am thinking late 2020 now.

12. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

You know, if Jeep can combine the luxury with the ability to lift the WS and turn it into an off-roader, it would be an amazing thing

13. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

• Sliding rear doors for easy access (I know, I might be the only one
    Feel free to add your own ideas

You're not alone, my opinion is front and rear sliders. Could you imagine never worrying about a gust of wind ripping the door out of your hand? Or never cringing as your kid swings open a door in a parking lot? For us that live in snow country, being able to open the door without hitting a pile of compacted snow and ice? How about if the vehicle is on its side? Opening the free door can be quite a job if you have to prop it up like a manhole cover.
    Guess if they built my perfect car, nobody would buy it. And after a lot of deliberation, neither would I.

link3721 likes this.
  14. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1

Ok I'm gonna critique you a bit here. Most of what you listed in your first list is actually already available in the Grand Cherokee, so I doubt they'll be skipped, Regarding a telematics service...FCA doesn't have one, and frankly, I think it would be a waste of money to develop one just for this application. There's cellular-based services available, maybe they could offer a 1 year subscription or something.

Regarding your second list, I don't see them skipping a Trailhawk trim, not when every other Jeep has one (except the Wrangler, but that whole model is "trailhawk"). Unfortunately, with it being RAM based, on-road handling is only going to be so good. Essentially it's a truck. You can only do so much with a truck. That's why Suburbans handle the way they do. I'm sure FCA will do as much as they can to make it handle better than the RAM it's based off of but I'm just not sure how much that will be.

Ryan likes this.
  15. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

It is a bit early since we know very little, but I can imagine Norm noting that the most luxurious Jeep will be BOF and have a chance at great articulation, etc,

16. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

Be mindful that FCA's warranty includes roadside assistance following your powertrain warranty. OnStar in 2017, when we are always connected via smart phones, doesn't make any sense to me. Anything subscription based, including on-board Nav, is extinct.

dakota21 likes this.
  17. freshforged

Good points. Recently spent time in my father in laws Buick and the telematics that Onstar offered was fantastic.

18. BobbiBigWheels

My phone knows what shifts I work, what time I leave for work, what time I leave work and automatically prompts me of traffic updates accordingly. I didn't touch a thing, it figured that all out on its own. Why is OnStar needed?

npaladin2000, dakota21 and cygnus like this.
  19. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

^ by that standard, why is AWD needed? ["back in my day" line goes here].. "Why are Radios needed?" .. i can continue, but point is, it's not. It's just nice to have when you need it. (or want it, in some cases. My grandfather used his all the time in his Caddy)

Ruptured Duck, valiant67 and Ryan like this.
  20. BobbiBigWheels

Your Grandfather did not have a smartphone.

Comparing OnStar to an AWD system doesn't make any sense, I don't understand. AWD has a practicality to it that my smartphone, or any device beyond the system can compensate completely for.