AF: Wagoneer delayed - change of plans, screwup, or what? | Page 21 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wagoneer delayed - change of plans, screwup, or what?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

That's why these services exist.

BobbiBigWheels and suzq044 like this.
  2. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I'm comparing them as a technology, we don't need alot of things. We just enjoy the privilege of having those technologies. Whether you use them or not, it's nice to have them around when the need arises, whether it does or not.

sidenote: it is unlikely that he has one even to this day. He still would rather talk to a person at OnStar than mess with a phone.

3. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

And the same reason I am wondering why they still do, and why people still see value in them.

Totally understand. My argument is that there isn't a need for OnStar like services any longer, so when that need arises, out comes the cell phone.

4. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Not everyone has a smartphone or can use it efficiently enough in an emergency situation to replace on-board telematics. It's added peace-of-mind. Why remove it until it's totally, 100% obsolete? Of course in most situations there isn't a need for it, but do you really need heated and ventilated seats? It's not as if you'll die if your butt isn't warmed or cooled.

Back on track, I hope the Wagoneer debuts new technologies that trickle down to the rest of the Jeeps. Things like pedestrian detection and night-vision assist would be nice, especially in a Jeep driven on backroads where animals frequently cross.

suzq044, ScramFan and Zagnut27 like this.
  5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

One feature of onstar that trumps a cellphone is that it can call for help in an accident if you're unable to do so yourself (incapacitated or otherwise). Other than that, for us at least, it didn't seem worth the fee so we didn't keep it for our Buick.

suzq044, BobbiBigWheels and Ryan like this.
  6. cygnus

cygnus Well-Known Member

Amazon.com: Automatic AUT-350C Pro Gold 3G Connected Car Adapter: Amazon Launchpad (at https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-AUT-350C-Gold-Connected-Adapter/dp/B01JRBQ9PC/ref=pd_sim_263_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SJGRE5N0W64MWJD05RNT )

Zagnut27 and wtxiceman like this.
  7. BobbiBigWheels

This conversation made me do some digging - I was unaware of Uconnect Access, a subscription service Americans have with FCA vehicles. No idea this existed. This service doesn't provide that feature you mention either, so again, I wonder where consumers see value in it.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  8. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

yes, but I'm a troglodyte that still uses a plain old cellphone.

9. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Also sends you emails telling you the condition of your oil and your engine in general, which is nice.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  10. BobbiBigWheels

Fair enough - I appreciate that you guys do see value in that product. I need to understand that my interests and views are not always cohesive with the entire market.

...as much as I try to suade' them otherwise ;)

11. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road

Old DJs had sliding door option, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

12. crouchta

crouchta Well-Known Member

A couple of maybe minor features..... UConnect Access can locate your vehicle if stolen, it allows me to text and drive via voice. Maybe there are other ways to do that with other phones, but for my Windows phone, it is extremely easy, even if it doesn't always get my Okie accent correct the first time. I also used it a vehicle that didn't have keyless entry to unlock when the keys were locked inside.

13. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

The Hummer H2 was butt-ugly... The H3 less-so, but still not my cup of tea.... No amount of press, and/or accolades mean a hill-of-beans for my personal preference.

And I completely disagree that Hummer left a vacuum in the Full-size SUV market when it died... I'm pretty sure people cheered, and had a parade celebrating the demise of it's useless existence... My personal opinion of course.

suzq044, freshforged, GasAxe and 3 others like this.
  14. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1

They probably paraded right over to the Mercedes dealer to buy a "G."

Ruptured Duck likes this.
  15. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

I find that very doubtful, seeing as though the G is almost double the price of the H2.... But, if that's what you choose to believe, that's fine.

That still does not change my opinion that the H2 was Gaudy, Obnoxious, and Butt-Ugly... And if less people agreed with me, Hummer may still be selling vehicles today.

ScramFan likes this.
  16. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

Wow,... really? Heard any specific reason why?

17. srm3500

srm3500 Well-Known Member

My guess is that if it is going to be BOF then Ram needs to get fully ramped up first as I think if they are
    watching closely (and they are) the new truck will sell like crazy.

ScramFan likes this.
  18. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Yep! It's a bit scary too lol! Yet again, more totally useless, gee whizz, tech. I hate to break it to my phone but, I already know where the hell I want to go, unless I ask maps to give me directions, or put an appointment in my calendar, I don't need my phone to give me a notification that's it 20 minutes to my office. Or 5 mins to drop the kiddo off. Lol
    Just a microcosm of the frivolous tech that's being pushed on us these days in so manny applications. Cars have Lane departure notification, street sign recognition, 360 cams, wifi connection, etc, etc. I love more tech than I hate but sometimes you just gotta roll your eyes at some of the stuff these brainiacs come up with lol! Starts off, wow! Gee whizz. Ends up, God! that's annoying...

I've used Uconnect help probably twice.... when I needed help registering for Uconnect. Pretty Useless feature. Pretty cool 10+ years ago though... but it's one I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it....I guess.

19. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1

Given today's thicker A, C, and D pillars, I'm a fan of the cameras and the radar warning systems.

link3721, somber and Ryan like this.
  20. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

.....and the higher beltlines!

somber and npaladin2000 like this.