AF: WAGONEER PORTFOLIO?? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAGONEER PORTFOLIO??

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Archknight, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Archknight

Archknight Well-Known Member

During the presentation, I was intrigued by how the "Wagoneer Portfolio" kept being mentioned, which I took as a new lineup within the Jeep brand. I was curious what others where thought about this.

Could Jeep be as successful as Land Rover/Range Rover? I felt for years that Jeep needed a premium line of models. The Etorque engines and 4xe hybrid systems could further separate this upper tier.
    20200905_231156.jpg 20200905_231235.jpg 20200905_231156.jpg 20200905_231235.jpg

Although these sketches appeared with Ralph as the originals for the new Grand Wagoneer, my first thoughts were a Cherokee sized model with sportier dynamics. But what do you guys think, is Jeep planning a premium line of models?

2. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

I could see them making a 2 Door Wagoneer maybe.

3. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

I would love to see an off road version.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I don't see them making a two door version, but in the lower Wagoneer version an off model would make sense.

MoparMantis likes this.
  5. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I think they meant:
    Wagoneer
    Wagoneer LWB
    Grand Wagoneer
    Grand Wagoneer LWB

I wouldn’t mind them expanding downward in a few years, into a smaller size while keeping the same technology features. Kind of like the Range Rover Evoque and Velar. Though at that point, they’d have to try hard to separate a smaller Wagoneer from a Grand Cherokee.

UN4GTBL, LoganSix, HotCarNut and 7 others like this.
  6. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

I can see a premium sized 'Grand Cherokee' in the future Wagoneer.
    Wil

7. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Range Rover has:
    • Range Rover Evoque
    • Range Rover Velar
    • Range Rover Sport
    • Ranger Rover with additional LWB version

AFAIK Land Rover Discovery has the same size as Range Rover Sport which are most similar in size to a Grand Cherokee.

HotCarNut, Archknight and Ryan like this.
  8. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the presentation but wagoneer portfolio probably in this case means the design iterations they went through to get to where they are now along with the target audience (aka story board)

Archknight and DC-93 like this.
  9. Ryan

They referred to it as a line of vehicles. They weren’t talking about the drawings.

#9 Ryan, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  10. Archknight

Archknight Well-Known Member

+1

That's the type of line up that crossed my mind when they referred to line of vehicles in that portfolio. We all know that the Grand Cherokee will grow in size as well, along with the many variations. There is plenty of room for Jeep to create a line of exceptional models in the same vain as Range Rover, but they'll have to develop it. They tend to go overkill on certain models with variants. Land Rover (premium/utilitarian), Range Rover (luxury/off road capable), and Defender (premium, luxury and customizable) give you several models with similar but different missions. It sounds like Jeep from that presentation wants to go the same route.

Wrangler having a three variants already seems to be a good start. The main line should be limited to only 4 (base, Laredo, Limited and Trailhawk) variants with electrified/hybrid models. Grand Wagoneer will already be at the top of the range, it seems the new Grand Cherokee and regular Wagoneer will cannibalize each other.

11. Ryan

I had to make this. It was too tempting.
    GrandWagoneerTruck.jpg

EDIT:
    Wagoneer-Truck-REG.jpg

#11 Ryan, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  12. Quambi

Quambi Well-Known Member

That comment got my attention too. I also thought about how they unveiled the Grand Wagoneer - as a concept - before they introduced the 3 row version of the Grand Cherokee, which is supposed to go on sale first. Maybe this concept is showing more than just the new Grand Wagoneer. Maybe it's the flagship of a lineup of 3 row Jeeps under the Wagoneer sub-brand. Jeeps that aren't as off-road capable as 2 row Jeeps due to their longer wheelbase.

The Grand Wagoneer concept is the first 3 row Jeep to be introduced to North America. And we know more are coming. The 3 row version of the Grand Cherokee - of course - but also a 3 row version of the Compass. And maybe the Chinese only Grand Commander could now be sold (AND BUILT) here as well under this Wagoneer sub-brand. And all four models would have very similar styling.

The question is: what would each model be called? Compass Wagoneer, Cherokee Wagoneer, Grand Cherokee Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer??? Kind of awkward.

ehaase likes this.
  13. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Nah, not in the context they used it. It was more presented as a series of vehicles under the Wagoneer, the now Luxury sub-brand within Jeep.

14. Chris mopar

Chris mopar Well-Known Member

This is what Motor Trend said the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer family would be and is what I suspect too. Maybe in the future if a business case can be made, maybe more variations like the Range Rover family.

15. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maybe a "Woody" model.

16. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

That looks tacky as hell. It's likely why they were never going to tack on fake wood to this model.

Chase300, Donte Lindsey and Ryan like this.
  17. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

I'm being a downer.
    Will it really matter what other vehicles are planed if they make us yawn.

18. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

I like this, nice job.
    It must be the big wheels that skews how i perceive the vehicle size. It has never looked RAM size to me.
    I think a lux Jeep pickup could make sense. Keep the Longhorn but replace the RAM platinum, and then some.

Ryan likes this.
  19. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Grand Wagoneer, Wagoneer, Wagoneer Sport, Wagoneer Overland

20. DrMark

DrMark Well-Known Member

Grand Wagoneer Comanche

Ryan likes this.