Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted-Local- Slant 6 Guru Mechanic

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by suurthing, Aug 30, 2017.

1. suurthing

suurthing Member

Hello my orig 68 dart slant needs a tune up. many guys want to get their hands on my engine BUT when i ask them a few basic questions...i can tell they dont know enough for me to employ them. like --ya gotta remove the metal ring from the spark plugs before install...and what about the tubes...?
    i live NORTH BERGEN-NJ 07047 -just north of the linc tunnel. Need Local Guy... id appreciate any recommendations!
    Thank you!

2. Volunteer

Volunteer Well-Known Member

Are you not capable of doing various mechanical repairs and procedures by yourself? Perhaps time is the main issue?
    There are plenty of qualified, experienced and worthy (slant-six) mechanics among the Allpar membership - -whether 'shade-tree' or 'dealership'.
    At the very least, perhaps describe your particular issue and let the membership offer advice or recommendations.
    Most of today's repair shops primarily cater to (specialize in) modern computer-controlled vehicles and their favorite tool is a hand-held scanner so the old-time 'hands-on' mechanics that know what to do with pre-eighties technology are getting to be few and far between.
    Besides, shop rates will be the same - regardless of age of the vehicle - and most of today's mechanics and techies are basically over-qualified to work on the old stuff.

geraldg likes this.
  3. CudaPete

Ad-Free Member

I know a guy in New Milford, NJ if are interested.