AF: WANTED: Rear Disc Brakes | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED: Rear Disc Brakes

Discussion in 'Neon' started by Jerry Simcik, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Jerry Simcik

Jerry Simcik Well-Known Member

I am in need of a set of rear disc brake mounting brackets; the casting that holds the caliper to the spindle and to which the dust shield is mounted.

Here they are removed (and painted orange). Any 2nd Gen (00-05) Neon with rear disc brakes would have the same brackets, even SRTs.

[​IMG]

If you have a set, please let me know!

Thanks!

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

This was a popular upgrade about 15-20 years ago. Many were grabbed from the salvage yards already. The factory has discontinued them.
    Part #s to look for,
    disc w/ABS:
    4762684 (superseded to 5083788AA)-Rt
    4762685-Lt

disc w/o ABS:
    4762686-Rt
    4762687-Lt

Use these part numbers as reference in your search. Rear hoses and m/cylinder are different between disc and drum. Remove the rear inline residual valves for the disc conversion.

3. Jerry Simcik

Jerry Simcik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I already have all the ancillaries and have added ABS & TC via a PT Cruiser, but unfortunately the PT's backing plates, while using the same casting, use a different bolt circle to attach to the spindle.