Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the Project Board

Discussion in 'Projects, mods, restoration' started by Jeff2KPatriotBlue, Sep 18, 2003.

1. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

What years did you serve? Must have been before my time, there weren't any M37's around when I came in.

2. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

1965-1971, got out, didn't learn the first time so went back 1975-1982, this was all USMCR, and we had some old stuff then, one of our M37s was OD under the Marine Corps Green and was Korean War vintage (probably one of the ones Chesty brought back from the Chosin reservoir.

We also had gasoline M54s, the first wrecker we had was an M40 with a Holmes 850 twin boom on it. We later got an M543A2C that I got to play with, amazing piece of equipment!

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  3. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

If you think the M543A2C was an amazing piece of equipment, you should see what we have now. I just retired, was active duty from 1995 to this year, and got to see lots of changes in equipment

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  4. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

Thank you for your service sir.

Shane Estabrooks and page2171 like this.
  5. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

I sure love hearing stories about these old amazing pc of history trucks... The trucks you drove where a bit more updated then the one I have. I think it's time to start a post on here... I'll spill out what I've done so far, you throw your 2 cents in and toss it with some good stories:D