AF: Well boys I got to drive one..... | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well boys I got to drive one.....

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by Panterasr9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

2. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Drove a 2018 Hellcat challenger on a racetrack. It really was scary fast it was a widebody as well. The way that car picks up speed is unlike any car I have ever driven instant torque, beautiful supercharger whine. You can tell its heavy but the brakes never faded and it cornered very well for what it is. Once in a lifetime experience for me. Whoever said the 60s were the golden era have not driven this car. Unreal power , it's like having an adrenalin button in your car. Anyway I could go on for days but as of now the absolute favorite car I have ever driven and I have driven some really cool stuff.

3. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Sweet.. On my bucket list

Tony K and Panterasr9 like this.
  4. HemiJeepMagnum

HemiJeepMagnum Active Member

I am jealous!!! I have a very wealthy buddy that has one of 3300, 840 hp. Demons (also paid his $1.00 to get the "Demon Crate" with all the hardware to unleash it's full power) and a Shelby Mustang. The closest I've been to driving either is sitting in them. Actually, he rarely drives the Demon and has thought of getting a Hellcat as his daily driver after he found out how much the Demon is going up in value. His is one of the few that didn't come with a back seat. He doesn't even have 500 miles on it yet, so according to his."Demon Purchase Congratulation Letter" and the Owner's Manual, it's not even broken in yet.

The one thing he did though is let me borrow his complete owner's package which included his congrats. letter, and leather bound Owner's Manual. Since this is about as close as I'll get to one of these, I made copies of everything. P6080044.jpg P6080001.jpg

5. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Nice that may be worth a lot one day. I can only imagine the demon after driving the hellcat Im sure it's scary fast. They have a deal in vegas for $550.00 you can rent a hellcat charger for 24 hours, I am tempted to do it and ride around Las vegas in style haha!

chuzz and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  6. HemiJeepMagnum

Wonder how that'll work out....24 hours in a Hellcat? I am sure it'll have to be worked on after every rental, as it'll be thrashed mercilessly every time. My buddy still hasn't gotten totally on his Demon yet, as he's real anal about doing things the absolute correct way. Before taking possession of it, he went over it with a fine tooth comb with the dealer mechanics and made them fix any little thing he thought wasn't quite right. After all this, he still had hood scoop problems which I understand is fairly common. He told me after just a little hot rodding in it, he came back shaking because of the instant, massive power. It wouldn't surprise me if it never sees 1000 miles on it while he owns it, or that he never gets on it totally for more than a second or two. I think, at this point, he's looking at it as an asset that is rapidly increasing in value.

Panterasr9, wtxiceman and Tony K like this.
  7. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

We have participated in The hellcat thrill ride every year since it came out. They beat these cars everyday, mercilessly. All they put at them is fuel, tires and fluid changes and brakes.

I know how awesome it is to ride in one, so i can only imagine how it is to actually control that power.

I also wish someday to own one...but probably not for a long while. Hopefully since so many here complain about the charger/challenger being long in the tooth, when the new one comes these get dropped like yesterday's breakfast. But, alas, they will probably just go up in price.

8. BlackSheep01

BlackSheep01 Active Member

y'all making me green with envy.
    Son2 came out and spent 4 days here with his new-to-him 2500 diesel (2005) 4x4.
    there is something unnatural about a pickup seat higher than your chin.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  9. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Awesome:D

10. HemiJeepMagnum

Well, he went and did it....bought a Challenger Hellcat for his daily driver. It must be nice!!! Here's a pix and the Order Confirmation. Can't wait to see it......and hopefully he'll let me drive this one. 592361483.jpg 598569790.jpg

Panterasr9 and Devildodge like this.
  11. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Damnit man that's a lot of freedom right there! Really awesome ride hopefully you get to drive this one!