Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s in the 2019 Ram?

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by Dave Z, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

We are around six months away from the debut of the next Ram 1500 pickup truck, coded “DT.” Allpar sources told us that many new features and items are being added to the Ram, to keep it at the front of the class. Today, we can list a few of the hot-ticket items. The next Ram […]
    Read the whole post here.

2. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Nice features. However they will only be on the ultra $$ models you wouldn't ever dare using for work.

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I think you will be surprised with the upgraded content coming on the lower level Rams too. Even though a majority of the content is aimed at the Big Horns and above.

guyverfanatic, Mike V. and UN4GTBL like this.
  4. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Good stuff.

Hoping for 360 cameras, panoramic sunroof, etc to offer similar features as the F-150

Ram20, Mopartial and ramajama like this.
  5. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Nice info! I'm excited to hear it. Sounds like the new RAM will, if nothing else, catch up with the competition...with a little bit of give and take. But I'm sure we'll find out about more goodies as time goes along.
    Cool features but I'll never understand park assist...really? Got to be one of the top three most frivolous technologies in vehicles these days LOL! 360 cam is neat-o at first then it becomes and afterthought in all but a few cases for day to day use. However, it can be extremely handy when off roading. As long as the cams can be activated at any speed and for any duration you choose, like in our Disco, I am happy to have the feature for that reason alone.

Its great that all the new safety features such as blInd spot and collision warning, etc are becoming more prevalent.....but has anyone noticed their insurance premiums going down as safety features and driver aids keep increasing? Me either... LOL!

Keep the info coming Dave!!!!

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

It's funny you should mention insurance premiums. I had to laugh this weekend I called AAA of Michigan to see if carrying a dash cam would lower your rates if you had one in your car. I have been looking at them for some time and you can get some really good quality ones for under $100. The agent said no, however AAA does sell them on their website? It doesn't make sense. Insurance companies are a scam. If you do get into an accident they will fight you at all cost not to pay anything anyways.

We have a rash of thefts of Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger models here in Southeastern Michigan. Especially around the Detroit area. Most of the cars that are stolen or have wheels taken are RWD cars with 20 inch rims. Well I have two AWD cars with 19 inch rims, I also live 60 miles north of downtown Detroit and I am considered in a high theft zone so all the insurance companies around here charge more if you own a Dodge or Chrysler LX, LD, or LA car because of the risk of rate of theft. I already have to pay a premium because its considered a "sports car" with a V8 engine. Yes, I have shopped around and it doesn't matter. Both cars earned good crash test ratings, the one Charger I have has ACC and it doesn't lower the rates on the cars.

superduckie5000, James A and Dave Z like this.
  7. LordHobbit

LordHobbit Active Member

Looking forward to more info. I'm anxious to hear about the EcoDiesel as well. Get on with it already EPA ...

JayhawkOne, dakota21 and UN4GTBL like this.
  8. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

This article focused on exterior technology and of course confirmation of the Hybrid Hemi.

More to come...

Mike

redriderbob, thebluegoat and UN4GTBL like this.
  9. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

I was surprised you had to mention it again in the forums! That's huge. My question is whether the Hybrid-Hemi will still be rated to tow appropriately? The Pacifica Hybrid, from my understanding, is not rated to tow period.

10. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

My only concern is that for the most part, with what we have had leaked to us, the only class-exclusive option upcoming is the rear entertainment system comparable to the Uconnect Theatre in the Pacifica.

I'm sure that FCA is going to take some risks and offer some other class-exclusive technology beyond that. I look forward to reading that.

ramajama and UN4GTBL like this.
  11. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Yes, not trying to detract what was mentioned!

Looking forward to next week's article :)

12. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Probably two weeks... just warning you. :D

Mike

somber and UN4GTBL like this.
  13. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

There are two kinds, keep in mind - the kind that parks for you, and the kind that just warns you if you're going to run into something. In a vehicle as big and tall as the Ram, the latter is very useful indeed.

14. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Very, very different systems. The Ram will use a 48v Belt Starter Generator.

BSG takes “start/stop” to the next level, reducing emissions and fuel consumption during idle, startup, take off, and passing even further.

Being generic and not specific to the Ram, think of it as approximately 15 to 20 hp on tap to assist the engine at any time beyond “start/stop”. This is huge and can increase fuel economy as much as 10%.

Mike

15. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Catch up? No, you are incorrect... the next Ram will be class leading with items not currently available on Ford

Mike

#15 Mike V., Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  16. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Agreed, the auto braking feature will be huge. Even the automatic parking is helpful for people that have issues.

I’ve used both automatic parking functions and while somewhat spooky at first, it is definitely more than a gimmick. It’s really surprising how well the system works.

Mike

Mopartial and UN4GTBL like this.
  17. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

I never thought much about adaptive cruise until I rented a Rav4 that had it. After 600 plus miles of interstate driving, I'm hooked.

Mopartial, redhed and UN4GTBL like this.
  18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

It's only been a decade since we since the last HEMI "Hybrid" system... even though Ram has been teasing us non stop since...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

guyverfanatic and UN4GTBL like this.
  19. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Yes, Ram has been working on multiple systems, you are absolutely correct.

I think we will see more robust systems in the future with the mild hybrid being the first.

Mike

20. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

At what trim level are we likely to see these features come standard? Laramie?